: Deville 96 Coolant leaking ...

rahanna
09-09-05, 11:28 PM
Update to my previous leaking problem ...

After a short drive between my work and home (5 miles), I parked the car for about half an hour, and for the first time, I found a huge orange fluid circle under the car. Looking under the car, the fluid was dripping so quickly ... I checked it and I think it is the coolant whereas it is dripping right in th middle ...

I left the car for a couple of days, changed the engine oil & filter raised the car and started the engine ... No fluid dripping while the engine is cold/warm ... But when the engine temperature reached 210, the dripping started again ... When I drove the car for a couple of feets, you can see the trail of dripping fluid very clear ...

I raisind the car and crowled under and the coolant is seen coming near the transmission pan but from somewhere above ... ... It is very close to where the exhaust manifold from the 4 front-engine cylinders are going between the oil pan and the transmission pan ...

Appreciate you help and advice as this car means a lot to me ... Thanks ...

Ranger
09-09-05, 11:38 PM
There is a coolant pipe that runs along the rear head by the firewall. It is pretty hard to get at but maybe you can run your fingers back there to check for a leak or get a mirror in there. I have heard of that pipe leaking. Check there and see if that could be the problem.

rahanna
09-11-05, 01:37 AM
Thanks Ranger ...

Does that pipe start from the Coolant Tank ???

Should I try to get to it from the driver or passenger side ???

I will try that tomorrow and get back to you ...

Pjs
09-11-05, 10:09 AM
The pipes (2) run from the passenger side front of the engine along the length to the back and terminate into short rubber hoses going to the water pump housing.

rahanna
09-14-05, 02:40 AM
Does anyone have a diagram for this section ???

I need to plan how to reach it ...

Thanks for all your help ...