: Volant Has Poor Customer Service

1MEANV
09-09-05, 05:24 PM
Contact Them A Number Of Times About The V Cai Kit. No Nothing. Gee Thats Nice. Thanks Jerks

urbanski
09-09-05, 05:27 PM
isn't it still prototype?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51376&highlight=volant
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49628&highlight=volant

1MEANV
09-09-05, 05:30 PM
No Response About Anything To Do With It What So Ever. That Is Poor. They Could Say If It Still A Prototype "oh It Is Still Is Rad Or Something But Jack" Hell With Them Poor Service Poor Product

urbanski
09-09-05, 05:35 PM
well, best i can tell is that they are developing it, the "people who know people" who posted here about hinted it's still under development, and they likely don't want 2000 people calling them until it's ready.

blown65
09-09-05, 06:12 PM
lol most ppl that work Customer Service will have no clue about units in developement.

rand49er
09-09-05, 06:18 PM
I called them last week about the CAI. They acted like they didn't know what the heck they were doing. :cookoo: Ended up giving me a number to call to find the nearest dealer. Called the guy, he didn't know what he was doing either :cookoo: :cookoo: ... gave me a number to a company 45 miles away from me. When I called this number, the guy said he hardly ever dealt with Volant products because they could never deliver the product they advertised. :confused: So, two days ago, I entered "volant" into Yahoo and up came a couple of companies in CA. One never called back :confused: :confused: , but the other said $310 but they'd have to call Volant to see about availability. (Apparently, Volant starts very late in the morning and "wasn't in yet".):( :mad: Exasperating ... !!!

urbanski
09-09-05, 06:35 PM
just let the "people who know people" do their work gang!!!

blown65
09-09-05, 06:56 PM
dunno, I had zero issues with getting my Volant for my truck. Like Urb says, just relax till its officially released.

rand49er
09-09-05, 07:04 PM
We trust you urbie. :alchi:The Volant unit that "fell off a truck" that StealthV found looked outstanding ... it's my next mod! Just can't wait, that's all. The engineers there at Volant I'm sure are capable, but must just shake their heads about their "telephone image" vis-a-vis the public. :canttalk: Okay, I'm putting lead in my pockets.

nukeduster
09-09-05, 08:37 PM
Who @ volant told you they weren't available? Probably one of the guys there just being lazy :P

Volant opens @ 9am cali time, by the way. Its annoying for me too, since I'm at work at 7am and have to wait hours to call them alot of the time.

If they said they weren't availabe its probably because most of their initial allotments are all going to dealers. I know they've been having problems with their plastics supplies lately, so qty's of some of their stuff is probably limited.

rand49er
09-09-05, 08:48 PM
I called the distributor I found thru Yahoo, and they couldn't get thru to Volant at five minutes to noon my time (EDT) ... they had to "wait another ten minutes before they got in". This is what I was told by the distributor/dealer (don't have their name at the moment, it's upstairs in my wallet, and I'm too doggone lazy right now to get it).

Don't get me wrong!!!:rant2: I WANT A VOLANT CAI!!! (Just can't wait, that's all. :shhh: ) But, I agree whole-heartedly with the title of this thread. :thehand:

1MEANV
09-09-05, 09:10 PM
see told you poor ass service.they dont even know whats going on or they just dont reply

LV_V
09-09-05, 09:19 PM
I think people need to f'in chill. You are way to uptight about this. The best things come to those who wait, or for that matter, those who can remain calm...

timmayz
09-09-05, 09:20 PM
The Volant CAI for my Silverado wasn't built too well. The cold tube pushed on the wheel well liner and made my tire rub, so the tube is sitting in my garage for the last two years. Others noted the same problem...

LV_V
09-09-05, 09:23 PM
By the way, why don't you just piece together your own CAI? Many of us here have done this, including myself. I don't have much wrenching experience and this was a piece of cake, and cheap. AND you don't have to wait for a call back from a company that seems to not want your business http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/uhoh.gif

1MEANV
09-09-05, 09:55 PM
i have one knob. look at my pics i postd on the other page. 1 mean v pics. i thought i would like to try this but i guess not. i have 35000 cdn into my motor the hell with a cai for 300 from volant

blown65
09-09-05, 10:09 PM
lol

BliTzer
09-09-05, 10:18 PM
VOLANT does not have poor customer service... VOLANT is a manufacturer of components and then sold to your LOCAL performance dealer. Yo can not buy most specific parts from them, now 1menav if you want to be a DEALER you can contact there office and buy a whole truckload of products from them and sell away.

LIKE I Said in my post.. be patient. they just made it, you read that, you asked me to sell MINE to you i told you why i could not do that. THEY ARE my SPONSOR, my V will be there advertisement as soon as i get the pics to them and not wasting time like this trying to defend them. VOLANT is a great company, but they sell to vendors/performance shops. Do you own a shop? or a performance center? if so tell them that.
they will be on here soon as a vendor, and will help you.. HAVE PATIENTS. hard to sell what you dont have ready too. did you see anything cai for a V on the site?

blitzer

urbanski
09-09-05, 11:00 PM
tell em blitz :D

blown65
09-09-05, 11:40 PM
haha, wheres the popcorn dammit!

lasstss
09-09-05, 11:49 PM
I called them about 2 weeks ago. They do have a part number and the person that I talked to said it was supposed to be relased in about 2-3 weeks. It should be close..
I have heard from others that there quality control however leaves something to be desired. Lets see what shows up.:duck:

1MEANV
09-09-05, 11:52 PM
bahahahahhahahahahhahaahahah

ctsvett
09-09-05, 11:58 PM
I would not expect them to respond... You technically are NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW about their part yet....You only know because of this wonderful forum... I would give them the benifit of the doubt and wait until they begin selling it... Then judge them

Reed

1MEANV
09-10-05, 12:04 AM
i have alrrady seen pics of it installed so there you go

LV_V
09-10-05, 08:24 AM
Are you seriously still wasting time on this post 1meanv? Jesus man, blitz already explained the situation and you're still beatin it dead :horse:. You've got to have something better to do than this...

And btw, 35000 canadian into your engine? Now that's just sad... And unbelievable, but hey, its not my money. http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/stirthepot.gif

urbanski
09-10-05, 09:17 AM
i have alrrady seen pics of it installed so there you go
good for you
so have we

thebigjimsho
09-12-05, 04:01 PM
I called the distributor I found thru Yahoo, and they couldn't get thru to Volant at five minutes to noon my time (EDT) ... they had to "wait another ten minutes before they got in". This is what I was told by the distributor/dealer (don't have their name at the moment, it's upstairs in my wallet, and I'm too doggone lazy right now to get it).

Don't get me wrong!!!:rant2: I WANT A VOLANT CAI!!! (Just can't wait, that's all. :shhh: ) But, I agree whole-heartedly with the title of this thread. :thehand:Many here may not think much of my intelligence but my remedial math skills tells me that 5 to noon EDT is 5 to 9 PDT. So, therefore, your distributor called too early. Where's the problem?

nukeduster
09-12-05, 05:04 PM
volant does have good products, i do like their lines.. cant wait to test out their new V cai. but they can be a PITA to deal with from time to time.. but lately they've been pretty good.

the h3 cai should be pretty nice too, was just checking it out :thumbsup:

vonhiner
09-12-05, 06:28 PM
I e-mailed Volant about getting info on the cai and Daniel e-mailed me back with a part #15857150 he said contact your local dealer. I'll tell you what is crap is their web page...I couldn't get to the local dealer part. Finally I called them. They gave me Reliable Automotive. I found out this is their distributor to the dealers. After calling them they gave me two dealers in my area. I called one and he quoted $390.00 and 2-3 weeks delivery because it is a new product. I told them that was a lot of $$ for a pipe, filter, and a box. Waiting to hear from the other dealer. Why can't we find a decent manufacturer for a simple product like this?? I'm waiting to get the cai so I can get my tuning package. I'm ready to build my own like LV V did..How did you do it LV V??? Fill us in!! Chris Hiner

urbanski
09-12-05, 06:33 PM
wow 400 beans

rand49er
09-12-05, 10:55 PM
thebigjimsho: Your math is fine. :highfive: But, after talking to them personally (and the person with whom I spoke really gave me the impression she didn't have a clue as to what was going on) coupled with the fact that they don't open until 9:00 AM PDT (noon my time) when the majority of their customer base is located in time zones preceding theirs, provoked a bit of an emotional reaction from me as witnessed by my post. I've owned or been involved in a couple of manufacturing companies related to the auto industry in the past, and you make yourself available to your customers ... you kiss their butts. :yup: If you don't, it is "poor customer service." All said and done, I think now I'm going with StealthV's FFV CAI. :thumbsup: It's actually more to do with the ease of reversability than customer service ... even though I get the impression that Rick kisses butt.:2thumbs:

1MEANV
09-12-05, 10:59 PM
Sorry Lv V But I would really like to be your friend [unnecessary insult here- replaced by mod]

vonhiner
09-13-05, 12:27 PM
Good luck Rand 49er... Stealth V is out of stock with his FFV CAI and has no plans to manufacture any more at this time...I would buy one of his now if I could.

PneuBird
09-13-05, 01:49 PM
I bought the StealthV CAI last summer and have no complaints. It's a quality product and BTW, we should be glad guys like Rick were here developing goodies for us long before other companies did!!!! :rant2:

evil 8
09-13-05, 02:10 PM
Why so much BS over the Volant? Is it that much more superior compared to the LPE,Stealth, or Moore? If it is I am going to throw my Moore in the trash,(after I set it on fire and piss on it). Isn't 35000 canadian, about $ 64.82 USD?

rand49er
09-13-05, 05:29 PM
vonhiner: Thanks for the update re Rick's FFV ... I knew it said "On Backorder", but didn't realize anything beyond that. Looks like I'm back to Volant :worship: .