: drilled rotor's..

SBONES
09-09-05, 09:05 AM
just picked them up last night, ill take pics later today...they look like their painted...but with holes...maybe they will look differant when used alittle...are rotors easy to put on...or should i take her to the dealer...is there anything i need to put on these things or just put them on the car...thanks scott..oh ya, they cost me $600 for all four... i hope i didnt get robbed..

FastVee
09-09-05, 09:55 AM
my dealer quoted my 350.00 per set and another 200.00 to install. I just ordered them, will be ready to install Monday.

NH Vrod
09-09-05, 10:04 AM
They should be pretty eazy to install, I have not done my V yet, but all you should have to do is remove the caliper (2 bolts) and pull off the rotor, there may be one boly holding it on, but usualy the tire holds it in place with the caliper.

I would suggest buying new break shoes..

-uplink-
09-09-05, 12:37 PM
Definitely pick up new brake pads and make sure you bed them in properly. $200 for installation seems ludacris. If its like 99% of the cars out there, you should be able to do it yourself with a jack and maybe 5 tools.
If you live on Long Island, bring it by and I'll help you with them.
-Mike

Dreamin
09-09-05, 12:59 PM
Break-in the new rotors with OLD brake pads... new rotor and new pads dont break-in properly. And no need to change brake pads if they have life left.

There's a hex bolt holding the rotors on, you probably need an impact hex-driver... the rears might be a pain depending on how the e-brake is set-up.

Silver Baron has changed his rotors... Silver comments?