: Tranny Problem?

bobwhat
09-09-05, 01:53 AM
Every now and then my V pops out of first gear when I let the clucth out from a standing start, makes such a horrific "bang" that the first few times it happened I thought someone had smashed into the back of me. I always push forward hard when I put it first so I think it feels setted. Anyone experianced this proble?

rand49er
09-09-05, 07:00 AM
Sounds like it's not going completely into gear. Others here were complaining (somewhere ... don't remember exactly) about having difficulty in going into first while stopped. I don't recall if anything was resolved on that one, though.

benjet
09-09-05, 12:07 PM
Sounds like it's not going completely into gear. Others here were complaining (somewhere ... don't remember exactly) about having difficulty in going into first while stopped. I don't recall if anything was resolved on that one, though.

I'd fit into that latter group ;) Dealer changed the fluid per GM (this week) shifting is smoother all around now BUT it's as tho 1s gets locked out at times (at a stop). I was passenger yesterday as it happened to the driver who was like WTF happened to 1st? Back to the dealer Monday.

-Ben

1gCtsV05
09-09-05, 12:11 PM
they (tranny) are only a problem if you
didn't know they were
tranny's and if its not your thing!

sorry just had too...