: OK GOt VOLANT CAI in today, pics &

BliTzer
09-09-05, 01:28 AM
This CAI is awesome. It is a prototype for CTS-V for maggies. Even under the tubes have been engineered to fit over the pulley with that inverted hump in the middle of tube.

I also went today and found me an awesome LapTop with swing screen display so i can see my tune and map displays Live via EFI LIVE.. i bought a car mount that hooks into the seat and is held in lace by the seatbelt like a child estraint seat.. it will be in within 2 days, had to order it... but below is pics of the NEW Volant CAI for SC CTS-V'S...

I took as many angles i could.. the filter is HUGE! the air intake flow is going to be awesome.. i am putting it on tonight just in a few minutes.. i do most of my work at night here, because it still was 103 degrees an hour ago.. so it is hot in the garage even with shop fan.. well got to get started, and get this tuned too.. woot!

later blitzer ;)

BliTzer
09-09-05, 01:58 AM
What also i like about it is, sealed box... i will run dual lines for air.. from hood and stock air flow tube.. so this way i should get really cooler temps..

They will have them soon.. this is not ready to buy yet. this is a sponsored kit for me helping & going into hotrod shoot... so hang in there if you are interested, it will not be long.. as soon as i get installed and send them digital pics so they can post on there site.. I will be model for there sale. It is well built i can tell you that.. i should have it on tonight.. few hours

later blitzer

1MEANV
09-09-05, 02:10 AM
sell it tome

BliTzer
09-09-05, 02:25 AM
R U nutz? lol i cant.. i have all my maggie stuff off already.. motor still kinda warm though.. fixing to start putting in on.. going to give 20 min to cool down a little more..

later blitzer

urbanski
09-09-05, 09:36 AM
blitzer, get them to become supporting vendors here

SBONES
09-09-05, 10:01 AM
i like it...i like the computer idea better...efi live...i have no idea how to work this stuff...but i want it all...how hard is it to work, and where do you hook it up at...i think im missing out on this stuff...i want to learn how to do this myself..

trukk
09-09-05, 11:33 AM
What also i like about it is, sealed box... i will run dual lines for air.. from hood and stock air flow tube.. so this way i should get really cooler temps..

Hey Blitz, won;t you need 3 lines? On for the hood induction, one for the 'snorkle' from the grill, and one for the other intake that comes up from fender well?

I am very curious how 'tightly' the sealed box fits in there, and how large that filter is compared to the big K&N cone that LPE and More uses. My K&N barely fits with an 'open' air compartment. To get one that large to fit into a completely sealed box, I'd think it would have to be a very snug fit in the engine bay.

:cheers: Here's hoping it's a great fit/finish product! :alchi:

-Chris

BliTzer
09-09-05, 09:44 PM
Urb. im working on it.. I have told them so i hope anytime they will submit as a vendor.. just give me and them a little time..

I am half way done.. i had to stop lastnight because they forgot to send me the washers i needed that comes with the kit.. lol i got them today.. i am fixing to go get started again so i can get it done.. so far it is looking good..
As far as the hood fit, i have aan adapter flex like snorkel line that will fit on the other tube.. thats why i have only 2..
The cone filter is big if you was to cut it open and lay it out i think it would be longer then the one we have by 2 to3 inches.. so its going to get plenty of air to the maggie.

later blitzer

BliTzer
09-09-05, 09:48 PM
i like it...i like the computer idea better...efi live...i have no idea how to work this stuff...but i want it all...how hard is it to work, and where do you hook it up at...i think im missing out on this stuff...i want to learn how to do this myself..

Bones, im still learning and i have a long way to go... i would advise most ppl to get stealths tune because he has the jump on all of us with using this type of software.. im doing it because i want more control of my car due to alot of mods i currently have.. Stealth could help me as well, but i would have to take my car to him in order to get the logging done.. now i can send the log reports to him... as soon as i figure it all out,, i have only had for 2 days.. i know just the basics.. and figured out quickly it is easier to have the laptop then it is to walk back and forth with the log box.. stealth knows what i mean. lol

later blitzer