: iPod connection with SRX

twnhong
09-09-05, 12:04 AM
I just got a SRX 3.6, anyone has any idea or preference on how to connect iPod to the stereo system??? Please help me out, I cant stand the CD/radios anymore...

twnhong

ilovemyv8srx
09-09-05, 05:16 PM
My son has an iPod. He bought an accessory, which is also made by Apply, for connecting to the radio. It works very well. In fact, When my son and I drove from Dever to Houston (in 2 vehicles ), I could listen to his music when we were not far away. All I needed to do was tune to the same radio station that he is using for the iPod connection.

slk230mb
09-09-05, 08:36 PM
My son has an iPod. He bought an accessory, which is also made by Apply, for connecting to the radio. It works very well. In fact, When my son and I drove from Dever to Houston (in 2 vehicles ), I could listen to his music when we were not far away. All I needed to do was tune to the same radio station that he is using for the iPod connection.

That's called the iTrip.

Jmale
09-10-05, 01:05 AM
To my knowledge there's no way to 'hard' wire the ipod to the bose head unit. I've owned a couple of different fm transmitters with varied results, mostly fair at best. It all depends upon your area and finding stations completely in the clear. Here in the chicagoland area....it sucks.

Makes me wish I didnt have a Bose setup. Apparantly no 3rd party can interface with the head unit, only bose. Hopefully something will come out in the near future but don't hold your breath..:mad:

LUVMYSRX
09-10-05, 01:04 PM
I've been hooking it up to the rear dvd player. Sounds great but unfortunately there is no way to display the title and artist like the new Mercedes.

jcdas
11-07-06, 06:06 PM
I'm not an SRX owner yet. Looking for a used 2005 or 2006 model in the Toronto Canada area. I'm doing my research to figure out what I want. I was dissapointed by lack of an Aux audio input.

I just found that there are now some hard wired solutions to connecting iPODs and other MP3 audio sources to a 2005 or 2006 SRX radio with XM or XM ready cabling.

http://www.usaspec.com/ipod.html

The PA11-VET also has a secondary audio input for non-iPOD audio inputs.

Sounds like a great solution!

Descriptions from Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/2005-2006-Chevrolet-Uplander-Interface-Auxiliary/dp/B000ILFV28

Product Description
The PA11 series iPod interfaces provide direct connection for an iPod plus an optional audio source such as satellite radio, DVD, or video game system. Both the iPod and the additional audio source are selected from the factory radio?s front panel. The interface adapter connects the iPod to your factory radio as if it were a CD changer, allowing direct selection of iPod playlists through the radio?s preset (or disc) buttons and is compatible with iPod models featuring the dock connector, including the iPod nano and 5G iPod video. For XM ready or equipped radios, the PA11VETTE also displays artist/title information on the radio's front panel.

There are two operating modes available for the interface, Playlist Mode and Direct Mode. Playlist Mode uses the controls on the factory radio to provide basic navigation functions including song up/down, playlist up/down, repeat, shuffle, scan, and FF/REW functions. Direct Mode uses the iPod's click wheel to navigate through the iPod's menus and select songs, artists, playlists, etc. and the radio buttons are used only for volume, bass and treble. Both modes still charge the iPod while connected, and stops one hour after the iPod is paused to prevent over-charging.

Applications:
Chevrolet Corvette - 2005-2006
Chevrolet Equinox - 2005-2006
Chevrolet Uplander - 2005-2006
Cadillac SRX 2005-2006
Cadillac CTS - 2005-2006

NOTE: The PA11VETTE is only compatible with XM-ready or XM equipped vehicles.

TSS
11-08-06, 08:34 AM
jcdas: I would steer you towards an 06 (power liftgate, doorsills are better,better interior color matching (if you go for the neutral color interior), etc) Also, I hope you find one so you can keep sharing info with us!

simshady
08-05-07, 01:17 PM
I've been hooking it up to the rear dvd player. Sounds great but unfortunately there is no way to display the title and artist like the new Mercedes.

Hi - how are you doing this? Do you have Nav? I've been trying to run the iPod through the RSE through RCA cables, but I can't get the audio to play through the speakers - only the wireless headphones. Thanks for your help!

jjacobs122
08-05-07, 02:04 PM
Before the end of this year GM will offer the "GM personal audio link" for $159 that fully integrates your ipod into your bose radio.

Jmale
08-05-07, 11:29 PM
AWESOME!!

Please update when its released!!!!!!!!

ArcticAir
08-06-07, 02:58 PM
My 07 no NAV/DVD has an input for ipod . We use it all the time.

simshady
08-07-07, 10:19 AM
My 07 no NAV/DVD has an input for ipod . We use it all the time.

Thanks, ArcticAir. You're a huge help :thepan:

Jmale
08-07-07, 11:31 PM
Thanks, ArcticAir. You're a huge help :thepan:

The solution must be to trade in for a 07!!

:eek:

emh
08-09-07, 06:21 PM
Hi - how are you doing this? Do you have Nav? I've been trying to run the iPod through the RSE through RCA cables, but I can't get the audio to play through the speakers - only the wireless headphones. Thanks for your help!
You'll need to select RSE as the input source for the audio system. I have the nav display, which has an input option for this. Not sure how it's selected in non-nav systems, but I would expect there's an option for it.

simshady
08-10-07, 12:31 AM
You'll need to select RSE as the input source for the audio system. I have the nav display, which has an input option for this. Not sure how it's selected in non-nav systems, but I would expect there's an option for it.

That's the trouble...can't figure out how to select the RSE as the audio "source."

glen2004srx
08-10-07, 08:01 AM
I have attempted the same hook up, using auxilary through RSE while playing through the cars speakers. Easy set up, but the volume is considerably diminshed as compared to the radio or dvd audio. Is this supposed to be this way? You can't really crank the volume at all. it apperas as if the signal is not being amplified, the way the radio and cd are. Any help is appreciated.

CaddyinKC
08-10-07, 10:28 PM
That's the trouble...can't figure out how to select the RSE as the audio "source."

I have a 2004 with Nav and was able to get my iPod to play through my system using the audio input near the back monitor. My very, very rudimentary instructions.

1. Hook cable from iPod to audio in (red and white)
2. From from front hit the music note
3. Press RSE on
4. From back seat, press SRCE button until AUX displays
5. From front, press the DVD hard button.
6. Turn volume up all the way on the iPod.
7. Control volume from stock unit

CaddyinKC
08-10-07, 10:28 PM
I have attempted the same hook up, using auxilary through RSE while playing through the cars speakers. Easy set up, but the volume is considerably diminshed as compared to the radio or dvd audio. Is this supposed to be this way? You can't really crank the volume at all. it apperas as if the signal is not being amplified, the way the radio and cd are. Any help is appreciated.

glen,

I don't have any issue as long as the volume is turned to the max level on the iPod.

dbknight
08-10-07, 11:36 PM
I have a 2004 with Nav and was able to get my iPod to play through my system using the audio input near the back monitor. My very, very rudimentary instructions.

1. Hook cable from iPod to audio in (red and white)
2. From from front hit the music note
3. Press RSE on
4. From back seat, press SRCE button until AUX displays
5. From front, press the DVD hard button.
6. Turn volume up all the way on the iPod.
7. Control volume from stock unit

The key is to make sure your iPod volume is turned up to the max!

simshady
08-11-07, 12:12 AM
So...no one's got this to work on the Bose factory system WITHOUT Nav?

CaddyinKC
08-11-07, 04:35 PM
The key is to make sure your iPod volume is turned up to the max!

Yep, that is step number six!

Powersg
04-06-10, 06:08 PM
Before the end of this year GM will offer the "GM personal audio link" for $159 that fully integrates your ipod into your bose radio.

How did this work out. Just installed the PAL in a Corvette, worked great.

Greg

70eldo
04-07-10, 06:12 AM

Get an amplified iPod audio connection (example: Belkin iPod Car-Kit). It has much higher output for your RSE AUX input and it recharges your iPod.