: A couple trunk questions

PerryT
11-24-03, 03:19 PM
I have a problem with the trunk release on the 1994 STS I just bought. The release button in the glove box works fine but the button on the remote doesnít work. I can hear a click in the car when I press the button on the keyless remote so it seems that it is sending a signal to the car. The lock/unlock and light buttons on the remote work fine. I donít want to spend money on a new remote if that is not the problem. Is there something I can check on the car first? I suspect there may be a bad relay somewhere. I just donít know where to look.

I have also noticed that the trunk flyís up very quickly when released. Is this normal? I would expect a Cadillac trunk to open more gracefully.

Thanks,
Perry

PerryT
12-01-03, 01:33 PM
I fixed the trunk lid. I first tracked down the correct control box by pushing the remote button and following the sound of the solenoid. I can't believe how many control boxes are in the trunk! I found a broken wire, soldered it back together and now all is good.

gothicaleigh
12-01-03, 02:24 PM
I have also noticed that the trunk flyís up very quickly when released. Is this normal? I would expect a Cadillac trunk to open more gracefully.

It's better than the CTS trunk lid then. When I hit my release, the trunk just pops and I have to open it by hand. That's a pretty heavy lid too. I've tried other ones on the dealer's lot and they all work like this.