Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Programming OEM Navigation unit question

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Jochen 
#1 ·
I am planning to install an OEM Navigation Radio in my not Nav equipped 2007 Escalade. I have a Tech2 available and have heard about the workaround to programm the Unit.
However, i did not find the recommended SI Document 1745049.

Simple question: I am looking for the SI (Document ID # 1745049). But cannt find it anywhere on the web. Someone can help me and tell me where to find this Document?

Or does anyone have a step by step intallation info on how to do that programming setup with the Tech2?

Many many thanks!

Jochen

#3 ·
Rob, i dont know about that - Sorry! However, there are a bunch of different Supernav Partnumbers out there....

I just had a look in the 2007 Escalade Service Manual and cannot find detailed instructions to programm the Navigation unit. I once programmed a new BCM to my Escalade. Is it just the same procedure i have to do? It is called "learning the restraints ID"???

Thanks!

----------

Just dont want to mess anything up.... LOL

#4 ·
Don't know, but my dealership tried in vain for 3 hours to do this. Ended up having to send it to a guy off eBay who actually opens the unit, re-programs the EPROM directly and flashes it with the factory new code (which leaves the serial number blank) then sent it back. Upon installation, it learned the new car's S/N and has worked flawlessly since then. $90 bucks including return shipping.

#6 ·
Just to let you guys know: Programing a unit from a different Escalade was no problem at all. I used a Tech2 to relearn the VIN from my car to the Navigation unit. Upgraded the software and all is working fine. Installation and programing just took 1 or 2 hours. Because mine is a 2007, i used the "Montecarlo solution", found here in the forum...

I even was able to change DVD regional code of the DVD player to Code 2 (i am living in germany, we use code 2 here), using the Tech2 and changed RadionFrequency setting to Euro specs (100MhZ steps, instead of 200MhZ)

Regional Code2 for europe:

Transfering data to Tech2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.