: Factory GM bushing kit installed

spdracer77
09-08-05, 09:29 PM
I took my CTS-V to the dealer this morning and had the rearend bushing kit installed. What a big difference. Before the car wheel hop at 6000 rpm from first to second gear. Now not anymore, I took it for test drive and took first gear to 6200 rpm at 40+mph...shift it into second gear.........amazing no wheel hop. I know I did not get rid of the wheel hop 100%, but I know a good 80% is gone.I know if I red line it, the car will problaly wheel hop a little. I just bought my CTS-V about 2 weeks ago. Now my next mods are: PCM program, air intake system and a low profile rear spoiler.

talalhz
09-08-05, 09:34 PM
mine is getting the same thing done right now.
Where are you going to buy the low profile rear spoiler from ?

spdracer77
09-08-05, 10:04 PM
mine is getting the same thing done right now.
Where are you going to buy the low profile rear spoiler from ?

I'm getting mine at the dealer. $400.00 installed. The good part is the spoilers come factory painted.

DrMikeQ
09-09-05, 12:01 AM
i would like to get the gm bushings. do you have the part numbers my dealer is a little slow. i have to walk them thru the order process.:bigroll:

ctsvett
09-09-05, 12:10 AM
dr mike,

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/tsb/05-04-114-001A.pdf

Print that out and take it into them

Reed

Harley Guy
09-09-05, 02:04 PM
I have been away from this board for a while, but early on there were some comment on the bushing kit making the infamous clunk worse. What is the story now that some of you have lived with the bushings for a while?

spdracer77
09-09-05, 10:33 PM
I have been away from this board for a while, but early on there were some comment on the bushing kit making the infamous clunk worse. What is the story now that some of you have lived with the bushings for a while?

I'm not too sure what's everybody talking about on the clunk noise. I'm new to the CTS-V forum. I bought my car 2 weeks ago. The only noise I hear is when driving slow and as I press on the clutch shifting to 2 gear...I can hear the gear unload. The dealer told me its normal to hear clunk noise. Before I bought the car it went through a 200 point inspection and got certified for the 6 years and 100,000 mile warranty. Can't find one thing wrong with it. I was told the clunk noise is normal to here. I dont know if that statement is true or not. What I do know is...that CTS-V rip up the roads. I love driving that car....