Cadillac Owners Forum banner

AUX Video HELP

18K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  og713 
#1 ·
I have recently purchased a 2009 Escalade with NAV. It does not have the RSE but it does have the three AUX inputs in the back center console and the option to choose the AUX tab is available on my nav screen. I am able to plug in a Y cable (3.5mm to red and white audio plugs) into the rear AUX and listen to music over the speakers from an iPod when I click on the AUX option. However, whenever I try to plug in the yellow video cable on the AUX inputs I cannot get any video to play in the front NAV screen. The only options I have in the AUX tab screen on the NAV unit is "Full Screen." The rest of the screen is just blue and the full screen button greys out when I am out of park.

My question is how am I able to output video to the NAV screen from the back AUX yellow input? I do not believe I need the U42 option enable as I already can choose the AUX tab and I have tried multiple video sources and cables to make sure I was getting a good video source out.

Thank you.

#6 ·
Have you tried pushing the fullscreen button. On mine i have press that to see the video. Mind you that i have the RSE option but i have an appletv hooked up to thebrear inputs. Everytime i shift out of park i have to hit fullscreen. Inalso have lockpick installed to see the video when not in park.

#8 ·
When in AUX mode if you select full screen it will take from the video and audio from the source you plugged into the rear center console a/v inputs but the car has to be in park in order to work because of GM safety block. If you do go into drive or any other mode you will only hear the audio. This is my favorite way of connection external audio sources.

#9 ·
A little off topic, I have a base 07 escalade ext with no RSE and no navigation. What are the AUX buttons on the front radio and the rear radio for when there is no AUX port(s)? I do not have those white, yellow and red connectors on the back of the center console, only two minijacks on each side of the rear radio display

#10 ·
you can get the multimedia kit wire for 49.00 oemautopartsco.com this will give you the inputs you need than. I had the same thing happen to me I ordered the wires connected it and worked all the navigations radios has the spare plug in the back, so worth it. You can do a lot now if you get those wires you can even have your phone connected and be hands free calling kind of a cheap way out of getting Bluetooth but works fine.

The wire gives you av in and out you can get a RCA to 3.5 mm wires and bang your in business. Make sure you buy a good brand wire from radio shack

#12 ·
That is such good information and very helpful! I have a 2007 without Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) and I will be ordering these. Where does the wire connect to? Under the center console? Can I drill the panel where the models with RSE have them and have them be mounted above the rear radio? What did you do?

Thanks

#13 ·
You connect to the back of the radio the multimedia kit there is a jack there all nav radios have this. You can get a 3.5 to RCA to connect wired audio or a Logitech Bluetooth audio RCA adapter w 5v voltage regulator at best buy for 25$ For Bluetooth audio. What more can you ask for you can connect a rear monitor to the RCA out and use your DVD player to play movies separate from listening to music. So this wire does the trick that will take your radio to the next level. I am happy with this but as long as there is a aux tab on the display you can do this if you don't you can get your programmed to at oemautopartsco.com ask for Doug

----------

I ran the wire in mines to the center console for easy access I did not drill anything on my truck all my cables go to the center console.

#14 ·
Hello all, the RSE harness works like a charm as long as you have the aux tab. If you don't have aux. a gm dealer near you can program it as long as the tech has a tech 2 programmer. To save time speak to the tech and tell him to enable the u42 option. That's what I did unfortunately the internet went down during the programming and bricked my radio. The dealer ordered me a 09 model radio and it had the aux tab already on it. Luckily since they were at fault for damaging my radio, I walked out paying nothing with the aux tab.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.