: Help Fast!!!!!

markbinkc
09-08-05, 02:35 PM
Cadillac says that I have bad clutch cylinders, bad clutch disc, pressure plate, and flywheel. They cover the cylinders, but not the clutch etc:banghead: . Who sells the best aftermarket jobs??????

Mark

Florian
09-08-05, 02:37 PM
there is a TSB on this.

F

Avejoe
09-08-05, 02:45 PM
tell them that the clutch petal has been sticking to the floor untill the rpms drop down. He's right about the TSB. bring that to there attention,mybe bring a copy of it.My dealer just replased mine with 13 k on it . all under warranty. good luck

Drift-caddy
09-08-05, 02:53 PM
Cadillac says that I have bad clutch cylinders, bad clutch disc, pressure plate, and flywheel. They cover the cylinders, but not the clutch etc:banghead: . Who sells the best aftermarket jobs??????

Mark

Time to get a new dealer. If you want to step it up, then get a Exedy clutch

Avejoe
09-08-05, 02:56 PM
Mark this is the TSB http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/tsb/05-07-31-001.pdf

Drift-caddy
09-08-05, 04:00 PM
he never said he is having a problem. if there is not a problem then dont take it in. the car may already have the updated parts in it. It is when warrenty cost become so high that GM sends in the DSM to check out why. once this is done they start to look for reason y, and a aftermarket exhaust is a good way for them to decline the repairs. So if it is not broken then dont fix it.

Mark this is the TSB http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/tsb/05-07-31-001.pdf

markbinkc
09-08-05, 04:03 PM

Thanks...

I'm currently on the phone with Cadillac customer service. I will let you all know how this turns out. The service manager at the dealership was a pr*ck, so I got CCS # from him to call. This is the second time they've had to replace a slave cylinder, and now they are telling me that my whole clutch assembly is bad. Seems that a clutch not being completely disengaged can cause this. I'm just seeing if I can get this resolved, as they are saying with parts and labor it will run about 2G's.....

Mark

Drift-caddy
09-08-05, 04:10 PM
Mark,
what problems are you having? what is the car doing?

markbinkc
09-08-05, 04:17 PM
Mark,
what problems are you having? what is the car doing?

The first time I took it in at 8K miles, I could barely get the thing to shift. On my invoice, it said "clutch bleeding off not letting clutch completely disengage. Replaced master cylinder and slave cylinder". Now, it's doing the same thing, but was not as bad as the first time. I never noticed any slippage or anything. Well I took it in on Tuesday, and they told me that day it was a "clutch cylinder", and they were replacing my radio (for paint rubbing off the buttons) so I would get the car back today. Well service girl calls me today and says, "get ready, 'cause I've got bad news. Your clutch disc is bad, your pressure plate, and your flywheel need to be replaced". I said like hell, after less than 14K miles. Well I argued that this damage could have been a result of a clutch that wouldn't completely disengage. They are trying to tell me there is NO way they can replace a clutch under warranty. That's the story so far....

Mark

Avejoe
09-08-05, 04:24 PM
HOLLY CRAP $2000 Id get under the car myself

Avejoe
09-08-05, 04:28 PM
Did U take a look at that TSB ?

ctsvett
09-08-05, 04:29 PM
Cadillac replaced my clutch for free.

If the slave cylinder is bad, then there is the potential that the pressure plate is prematurely worn due to it not actually disenguaging fully... I would make a stand on that..

Reed

markbinkc
09-08-05, 04:31 PM
HOLLY CRAP $2000 Id get under the car myself

Exactly....

I'm thinking there's something wrong with my whole damn transmission. I'm scared for them to even put one in because whose to say I won't need another one in another 5-8K miles. This is bullshit....

Mark

markbinkc
09-08-05, 04:35 PM
Cadillac replaced my clutch for free.

If the slave cylinder is bad, then there is the potential that the pressure plate is prematurely worn due to it not actually disenguaging fully... I would make a stand on that..

Reed

Yeah, I told them that exact same thing. I think they think that my name is Sam Sausage, and that I don't know shit. He started stuttering when I said that, so it's with Cadillac Customer Service now....

Mark

markbinkc
09-08-05, 04:38 PM
:dance: Wooohoooo, GM is taking care of it!!!! Hopefully I'll have it back tomorrow!:bouncy: :D Thanks everyone for your input, it's always appreciated!!!

Mark

Avejoe
09-08-05, 04:41 PM
I feel much better now :highfive:

RobzBLKV
09-08-05, 04:42 PM
Glad to hear they are taking care of it. It's amazing how bad some of the dealers are about some of the features of this car. You know, like a manual transmission.

crowan
09-08-05, 05:22 PM
That's good news. It is scary to think how much money is spent by consumers who aren't plugged into forums like these to get access to TSBs and other info to compare dealer tactics.

Someone else might have just shrugged their shoulders and written a needless $2000 check. Ouch!

CR

BliTzer
09-08-05, 06:14 PM
My dealer is cool.. this is me.. i swear it..

hey i got a problem it sounds like.... dealer: dont worry about its covered consider it fixed.. lol i dont even get to finish.. they are strange one.. but you better fill out those forms & GM questionaire they give me if i dont then its hell....
So i always give them good A pluses on there report card everytime i take her there.. so far they have been straight up with me & honest....

later blitzer