: No XM shows up

GEORGETIP
09-08-05, 12:16 PM
Had the radio changed out because of the tripodometer resetting problem. Now the new radio doesn't bring up XM when selecting bands. Is this a programing mistake or do some of the radios not have XM? Brand new SRX 6, which my wife just loves but I want to try out XM, I paid for it when we purchased the car.
I also get a lot of black marks on the door silll from shoes hitting the side panel when you get in. Any coating or wax that will prevent this?

AccElan01
09-08-05, 12:57 PM
Did you have the radio changed out at a dealership? If so, they didn't have your XM account transferred to the new radio. You may be able to call XM yourself to let them know you had your radio replaced. They'll probably need some sort of serial number off the new radio...

GEORGETIP
09-08-05, 01:18 PM
Yes, I had the radio change out at the dealership where we purchased the SRX. I had not activated the XM on the original radio.

AccElan01
09-08-05, 02:22 PM
If you paid for it when you got the car, it must have been active. I would call the dealership and find out what to do. You may not have to switch anything with XM since you still have the same antenna. The dealership may have installed a non-XM radio, or the tech didn't hook the XM input into the radio when they installed it. Regardless what the problem is, you'll have to take it up with the dealer.

As for the scuff marks on the door sill, try using Armorall wipes. They'll clean them off, but I don't think anything will prevent it from happening.

DanDan
09-08-05, 09:17 PM
Just take it back to the dealer and have them put it on the tech 2 scanner and activate the radio. It is a 2 minute process. Your XM receiver is not part of the radio. The new radio needs to know there is a digital receiver in order for it to work.

DanDan

GEORGETIP
09-09-05, 01:12 PM
I found more problems in the radio system last evening when we went out to eat. The control buttons on the steering wheel operate different functions than the indicators are for. The volume button changes the station, the mute button changes the band, etc. My wife is taking it back to the dealer this afternoon. I thank those that have responded to my posting.

pagpc
09-09-05, 03:09 PM
SBFU

pagpc

GEORGETIP
09-10-05, 01:45 PM
The problem has been resolved, they had misprogramed the new radio. Everything seems to be in proper order now.

mastertech
09-28-05, 12:38 PM
Yes, the CTS and SRX take the same radio, and they are set up for CTS from the reman facility....when replaced, they have to select SRX as an option and also perform the digital radio receiver setup w/ tech 2, takes 5 minutes.

miked
09-28-05, 01:35 PM
are you sure CTS and SRX are the same radio? They look different, have different NAV systems, etc. SRX and XLR are definitely the same radio.

DanDan
09-28-05, 07:33 PM
The cts and srx share the same radio. The nav radio is different though. You have to program the radio for the correct platform.

DanDan