: got my first ticket in the V...

SBONES
09-08-05, 12:00 PM
Im driving through town and i see an unmarked coming at me...look in the rearveiw mirror and sure enough he turning around...i knew it was the windows...he said ill do ya favor...he said that if he gave me a warning that i would have to show them in 5 days that it is off...or...he could just give me a ticket and send me on my way and take my chances...anyway, cop loved the car and gave me a $100 dollar ticket and let me leave with my window tint on...the only thing is, that every time i go through this guys area, he might pull me over..he said he wont thought...its like monopoly...do not pass go...without paying $100 bucks..:cool2:

Flyboy
09-08-05, 12:09 PM
Cool cop......all the cops in my hometown are my "buddies"......I don't take advantage of that....however I do have "Limo tint" on my windows.....illegal as all get out......but they "look the other way" when I drive by.....LOL

keeksv
09-08-05, 12:21 PM
Had a cop pull out the window tint-ometer on me here with my Impala and check my tint at the roadside--got a warning and had to show DMV that it was removed. Funny thing was it was legal in PA where I came from...your tint must be pretty dark...

ew

benjet
09-08-05, 03:56 PM
Keep an unopened/new single edge razor blade in the car, if he threatens to get out the tint-o-meter stall him till (or threaten) to pull the tint off, right then and there.

Of course it's not pretty and you have to pay to have new tint installed, but instead of dealing with other possibilites one might consider this option if things got bad enough ;)

-Ben

RobzBLKV
09-08-05, 05:10 PM
It's these kinds of stories that have kept me from getting tint up to this point. Seems like it might not be worth the hassle.

NH Vrod
09-08-05, 05:37 PM
I agree with that, plus I want people to see me driving my V.

Ya, that's right, eat your heart out...

Seattle CTS-V
09-08-05, 06:21 PM
I usually open the front two windows if I see a cop. I know I'll get stopped eventually. I have alot of friends though with the same 20% I have and they've NEVER been stopped for tint.

CTS-VETTE 550HP
09-08-05, 07:53 PM
watch it when your in TEXAS because the state troopers are very serious about this and give you no slack