: 93 Eldorado

Dave Day
09-08-05, 01:39 AM
I have a 4.6L Northstar; it will not run at constant RPM at idle; periodically speeds up at idle stopped in traffic and hard to brake; dealer says a bad ignition module but I have my doubts considering operating characteristics; almost indicative of bad gas (water)...anyone experienced this??

Traction control system disabled with TO73 and PO93 codes. Starts rough until TCS Disable appears in IPC...

Ranger
09-08-05, 10:43 AM
I'd first suspect and inspect the IAC (idle air control) valve on the side of the TB. Next, clean the TB if that hasn't been done in a while. Then check for vacuum leaks.

JC316
09-08-05, 09:55 PM
Maybe the Idle Speed Control motor. It is located right under the cruise control module.

Ranger
09-08-05, 10:41 PM
4.9 uses an ISC motor. The Northstar does not. It uses an ISC valve that meters bypass air around the throttle plate to control idle speed.

eagleworks4u
09-17-05, 05:04 PM
Check your codes for a possible map sensor problem codes p031,p071,p095. I thought my fuel pump was bad and it just was the map sensor under the intake manifold. Car runs perfect now

JC316
09-17-05, 05:34 PM
Then what is that motor that is right under the cruise control? Autozone lists an idle speed control motor for a 4.6 in a 95 seville. What ever that thing is, it was causing my throttle to jump around.

peteski
09-17-05, 11:20 PM
Ranger,
93 N* Engine does use an ISC motor. I know, I own one. Yes, it is the motor under cruise control servo. It's plunger touches the throttle lever and controls idle speed.

Peteski

Krashed989
09-18-05, 03:42 AM
T073-----PCM - EBTCM/EBCM Pulse Width Modulation Signal Fault
P093 (E093)-----Traction control system signals were not received by PCM

Check your connections going to your EBTCM (Electronic Brake and Traction Control Module). The module is located in front of the tranny. Its easier to see it with the air filter box out of the way. There should be a few brake lines going into it and a large wiring harness. After you make sure the connection is tight, clear the codes and see if they come back after a test drive.

The codes have nothing to do with your idle speed issue. Follow the other guys instructions on that, I think they pretty much said it all already.

OHH yeah, by the way, :welcome:

Ranger
09-18-05, 10:39 AM
Ranger,
93 N* Engine does use an ISC motor. I know, I own one. Yes, it is the motor under cruise control servo. It's plunger touches the throttle lever and controls idle speed.

Peteski
Well I be dipped. Just when you think you know what your talking about. I guess they must have switched in '95 with the redesigned intake. Sorry for the misinformation. :o

peteski
09-19-05, 01:29 AM
I think that you are correct Ranger.

Peteski

davesdeville
09-19-05, 03:26 AM
My 95 has an ISC motor. At least I could swear it does. Will check tomorrow when it's light out. I know it's a 95+ motor with the one piece intake manifold but it would be interesting to check the engine vin against the car's vin since there's junkyard writing on the front cam cover. I know I've seen it around here, but for the life of me I can't seem to find where the engine vin is located - anyone?

peteski
09-20-05, 01:08 AM
Don't know where the VIN is.

But I thought that when they redesigned the intake and started to use the MAF sensor, they also got rid of ISC. But I have a 93 Eldo, so I'm not sure.

Peteski

Dave Day
09-20-05, 05:18 PM
I have a 4.6L Northstar; it will not run at constant RPM at idle; periodically speeds up at idle stopped in traffic and hard to brake; dealer says a bad ignition module but I have my doubts considering operating characteristics; almost indicative of bad gas (water)...anyone experienced this??

Traction control system disabled with TO73 and PO93 codes. Starts rough until TCS Disable appears in IPC...

My 93 is a 4.6L, VIN 9, and it does have an idle speed motor. I just replaced it. Motor cost about $175.00 and is platinum coated with traces of gold!!! Spindle was gooked up and appeared not to respond properly on idle runaway.
However, it didn't solve my idle problem but I think I also have ignition control module problems

Ranger
09-20-05, 08:36 PM
Did you adjust it after installing it?