: WHATS THE WEIGHT OF OUR CAR THE 2005 v?

BliTzer
09-08-05, 01:26 AM
THANX... I CANT FIND MY PAPER WORK. AND ITS NOT ON MY TITLE.. weird..

I know the Florida ones use to have weight on them.. my V is out in the garage, i guess i could go and see if it on there.. but if anyone knows please tel me.. i need exact weight to add to scan tool software..

later blitzer

1MEANV
09-08-05, 01:28 AM
R U Doing All Your Own Computer Tuning

BliTzer
09-08-05, 01:31 AM
yes

Dennisscars
09-08-05, 01:36 AM
For our V, to the dry weight of 3850, need to add the following:

A fuel tank of fuel @ 7 lbs/gal = ~ 119 lbs

Driver (me @ 175 lbs)

Maggie (~ 150 lbs)

For a total of right around 4300 lbs.
Thanks to a mutual friend for this info..

For what it's worth..Be careful for what you might step into...

BliTzer
09-08-05, 01:39 AM
thanx dennis.. i have maggie, plus my heads and crank and cam are changed... i have those weights, so just need to add them all up npw..

thanx you the man!

later blitzer

StealthV
09-08-05, 01:43 AM
Blitzy - click the "...." button to the right of the car weight. Over a year ago, I added the weight for every GM vehicle built over the past several years into the EFILive software so none of us would have to remember...:)

BliTzer
09-08-05, 01:59 AM
thnx rick... i found it.. awesome work with that.. i can tell you have done alot of help with efi.. damn bro.. it should be called SEFI Live.. lol i have to use the bloack box logging, my sister in law has my laptop.. brb and i will email that shortly

GNSCOTT
09-08-05, 11:36 AM
Go down to your nearest gravel, or cement plant and bring some coffee. They will weigh your car for you.

Rey
09-08-05, 04:37 PM
The assembly for the sun roof adds about 80lb to the car. Perhaps this is the reason you see most roadtests done with a no-sunroof CTS-V.

Jack Ammann
09-08-05, 04:44 PM
THANX... I CANT FIND MY PAPER WORK. AND ITS NOT ON MY TITLE. i need exact weight to add to scan tool software..

later blitzer

Take your car to an 18 wheeler weigh station...like a Mayflower moving company...and you'll know the EXACT weight of the car...with a printout no less. :yup:

BliTzer
09-08-05, 06:39 PM
I got it... thanx guys.. I forgot that Stealth helped with writing up alot of details with the efi live company.. Thank you stealth and the rest of you guys for the help... within the software there is a series of questions you are asked suddenlly and iwas not prepared at the time.. now all is good. Those electronice are NOT CHEAP. you can jump intoo thousands of dollars if you are not careful.. So my respect level has gone up even higher for stealth since i know now he had to soend the big bucks in order to what he does, plus all the time he put into it..

Me i needed something i had to learn about to keep out of the dealer hands for awhile, unless its a tierod, strut oil chnage ect simple stuff... my motor is completely different so when i take it to caddy and if i get the wrong tech because joeblow is off that day im screwed.. like i am now.. my pcm is and has been reflashed.. so im working on that now...

latr blitzer

Dennisscars
09-08-05, 10:45 PM
:worship:StealthV just makes it look easy...

Sometimes it's just easier to leave the blue smoke inside the box, because once it's out it's sure hard to put back..