: WHO HAS USED EFI LIVE ver.7 (need help)

BliTzer
09-07-05, 09:37 PM
Hey guys,

I just got my efi live in.. it is the newest they had, does over 350 mods from shifts all into the driveline, fuel you name it...

anyway, i am printing out the instructions now it will take forever.. i have over 300 pages to print geezus..

My data logger has a 5 foot cord that plugs into the data port.. but
on the side of the little block box efi box that is, there is two slots where 2 orange plugs, plug into... anyone know what the hell that is for? they have little screws on them where wires would go and you would tighten them down..
Is that for exhaust probe or something? since it is going to be 3 hours fo printing directions before i know,, it is killingme here..
DAMN... i need to fix & reflash this pcm... i just hope i do not need those orange plug ins..

any info would be helpful... esp if you ever used efi live..

thank you
blitzer

1MEANV
09-07-05, 09:45 PM
Ls1 Edit All Thew Way. Proven Time And Time Again

BliTzer
09-07-05, 09:54 PM
Man EFI LIVE is more extensive... i have seen the lsi edit.. this matches it and some..
What i need i somebody that knows something bro.. i need some help for a min.

DansCTSV
09-07-05, 09:57 PM
I am pretty sure that is to connect a wideband O2 sensor.

I don't have EFI live but have been reading up on it some. If you are in a hurry you may want to purchase a base tune from someone (StealthV maybe) and go from there.

Just a thought.

BliTzer
09-07-05, 10:02 PM
not it is cool... im just trying to get started logging.. it is still printing directions.. i am at alike 3oo pages now.. lol and thats just to scan it.. i have not even started on the flash printing.... if i can get it logging then im otw to what i want and need.. this Ver.7 is awesome. idot need a loptop, the box records it all, and flashes.. the cord is like 5 to 6 feet long so it sits right next to you. uh oh.. gotta run out of paper crap.

ctsvett
09-07-05, 10:15 PM
Blitzer,
The orange plugs are for the optional wideband O2 sensor (dan is right)...

Reed

V-Love
09-07-05, 10:29 PM
Sorry I can't help but....
Is EFI LIVE the tool that Stealth V uses?

StealthV
09-07-05, 10:34 PM
Using would be an understatement.

http://www.efilive.com/partners.html

BliTzer
09-07-05, 10:35 PM
COOL thanx... i just have not got that far on the printed sheet yet, i am at 297 and still going lmao... i have a wdie band sensor now, but im going to be changing it soon to a better one.. as soon as i can get caught up to Nick..

I am not sure if Stealth uses EFI Live or not.. i have heard him talk about it..
This thing has over 598 sheets of paper you print showing what it can do.. my God it is awesome..

thans Reed! & dan... threst too.. im always grateful for any help you guys know that.

later blitzer

lasstss
09-07-05, 10:36 PM
page 100-101

2 pin = thermocouple
3 pin O2 sensor volt input.

BliTzer
09-07-05, 10:45 PM
lasstss thanx bro i found it now too... hell yesssssss!

later blitzer

StealthV
09-07-05, 10:51 PM
One can hook up O2 sensors for each bank along with one thermocouple for a total of three analog inputs. The little black "FlashScan" box can also log data without using a laptop. This logging ability is nice since many tracks don't allow extra stuff flying around inside the car. In my recent experience, I happen to be an expert at creating flying laptops inside a V and killing them. :)

BliTzer
09-07-05, 11:18 PM
LOL stealth.. i see what you mean now.. i just got it this morning at 9am.. but i was up all night working on V doing other things.. so i needed sleep.. now im into this manual trying to figure out the basics first and start logging. It is the efi v.7 with multiple liscences... but they all will work on all of my GM cars including my wifes Tahoe 05, Z-71 offroad package.. with that 6.o in it 310hp... that thing will haul ass ffor a suv.. looks like the denali but has alot more packages and options.. im going top give hers a little tune up also.. muahaha lol boy will she be suprised when i say baby, it runs better now.. i hope.. lmao..

Stealth... if there is anything brother you can do to help me, like some quick starting pointers to get logging going please email me ok...
you have my email addy, but just in case... blitzer_3geb@cox.net

thanx bro..
blitzer

BliTzer
09-07-05, 11:27 PM
hey check your mail... if you cant this is what i wrote..

can you call me when you get a chance? please..

i know your moving and busy but i will make it short ok..

480-212-3551 thats my cell...or i can call you i have free long distance.. which ever you want..

than you,

blitzer

CadV
09-08-05, 12:29 AM
Hey Blitzer me and you are going through the same thing. I just got EFILive the other day and have been working on a custom tune. EFILive has a forum here;
http://www.efilive.com/forum/

Very informative and they have a lot of documentation.

Cliff

BliTzer
09-08-05, 12:33 AM
thanx thats what i needed..!

i forgot.. i cannot find my paperwork registration to show exact weight of 05 V i cant remember.. im going out to garage and look on door, i think its on there somewhere..

later blitzer

V-Love
09-08-05, 05:37 PM
Using would be an understatement.

http://www.efilive.com/partners.html

Stealth,
If one had an accident, can you read the black box with that thing???

BliTzer
09-08-05, 05:43 PM
that THING is understatement.. lol man i have alot to learn and im going as fast as i can... my first night was a night mare.. today i have logged more.. Im going to get my laptop back i need it, even though the blackbox helps with its memeroy it is still a pain to go back & forth.. i must have 20 times in an hour..
it is one of those things if you get into a hurry you pay twicw for the trouble you have caused.. lmao
now i understand stealth.. too funny.. now i do.

later blitzer