: Discount Tire

Flyboy
09-07-05, 03:53 PM
I just received my chrome factory wheels from California. They are very nice. My originals are on their way back for plating and resale. Just wanted to "plug" Discount Tire near my house. I took the chrome rims in and talked to the manager. I said I wanted the BEST tech he had, since the chrome is perfect, and I wanted NO SCRATCHES whatsoever. He introduced me to "Jeremy" and I slipped Jeremy a "tip" to do a good job. I put Nittos on the front and "285" Nitto drag:lildevil: radials on the rear. NO SCRATCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perfect work. Perfect balance. Those FAT 285's look great from behind. I am SUPER pleased with that store.:2thumbs:

urbanski
09-07-05, 03:56 PM
they are who i use here, too. one guy swapped a runcrap in like 30 seconds....which is funny when you consider some dealers still can't do that after 30 minutes.

Ryan's '05-V
09-07-05, 04:27 PM
That's great Jimmy. I need to see that beast. I may need to stop by to see them again soon and now I know who to look for.
Whatever happened to our little Detroit get together. Did you ever talk to Katech about a date that works for you and them to see if a few of us can meet up? It sounds like a Saturday may have to do unless you are flying those days coming up too.

Kadonny
09-07-05, 04:29 PM
Pics, pics!

Staxxin
09-07-05, 05:05 PM
It's always good to hear when I someone has a good experience!!!!

Question, are you running the 285's on the stock wheels?

sefa01
09-07-05, 05:49 PM
I just received my chrome factory wheels from California. They are very nice. My originals are on their way back for plating and resale. :

I want to have my original re-plated also. Who are you using and what are they charging you?

Flyboy
09-07-05, 08:18 PM
OEMRIMS INC.
2120E. HOWELL AVE STE#502
ANAHEIM, CA 92806
714-940-1761

These are the folks.....I shipped my originals back to them today. I understand they already have a waiting list. Price is 600 bucks plus shipping. They want GOOD quality originals returned, otherwise you might lose some of your deposit (core charge). I'm happy with the work and it does come with a 12-month warranty. Yes, the 285's work just fine on the stock wheels.

rand49er
09-07-05, 11:18 PM
Ryan's '05-V: See our original thread!!! barry007 added to it, but going to Ann Arbor Saturday will be like sitting in traffic then missing the game on TV! Let's meet at Baker's in Milford on Sunday ... say, about 1:00 PM? I wanna see ronr's maggie, and I'll show you my B&M shifter ... when are you selling your B&B exhaust? (Sorry for hijacking this thread.)

51PHFTY
09-07-05, 11:34 PM
OEMRIMS INC.
2120E. HOWELL AVE STE#502
ANAHEIM, CA 92806
714-940-1761

These are the folks.....I shipped my originals back to them today. I understand they already have a waiting list. Price is 600 bucks plus shipping. They want GOOD quality originals returned, otherwise you might lose some of your deposit (core charge). I'm happy with the work and it does come with a 12-month warranty. Yes, the 285's work just fine on the stock wheels.

I think I am next on the waiting list (not a mark on my stock wheels). Any honest opinions on how chrome would look on platinum? My wife is saying she thinks the stock finish would look better. Has any one else done chrome wheels on platinum? I like the way the front grille looks so I figured the wheels would look the same, but I could be wrong.

Thanks,
Marty