: Cadillac is great, but my wife?

skidernip
11-24-03, 09:15 AM
First Cadillac 2003 Deville, Wife said she was tired of those ole pickup trucks I've been dragging her around the mountains of Tenn. in the last forty years.
She said she wanted to show it off yesterday, so we drove by her life long friends place Libby. Well we had to drive by her house a couple times and finally Libby come out on the pouch, Wife never looked at her, just put her nose up in the air and told me to keep driving. I asked her why she didn't want to stop and visit, Wife said she wasn't gonna hang around trashy trailer people anymore.

New Caddy doing great but I think I'm gonna have a problem with my wife.

back
11-24-03, 09:54 AM
women.
im gone.

skidernip
11-24-03, 11:15 AM
Wifes new Caddy really impressed our relatives, especially the OnStar. They all got around the car and I pushed that button and a lady come on out of no were and said "Hello Mr. Skid can I help you" My grandpa almost swallowed his chew of Redman. Yer can you tell me where I'm at? She said I was not on a main road but somewhere close to Tater Mt. Tenn next to a creek, Right on the money she was. Then I asked her a good place to eat and she said "The Tater Mt. BBQ and Grits off of Stone Road", Right again.

I sure do like this Caddy, but I still love my 86 Chevy Pickup.

First Cadillac 2003 Deville, Wife said she was tired of those ole pickup trucks I've been dragging her around the mountains of Tenn. in the last forty years.
She said she wanted to show it off yesterday, so we drove by her life long friends place Libby. Well we had to drive by her house a couple times and finally Libby come out on the pouch, Wife never looked at her, just put her nose up in the air and told me to keep driving. I asked her why she didn't want to stop and visit, Wife said she wasn't gonna hang around trashy trailer people anymore.

Speedingpenguin
11-24-03, 01:05 PM
Dang....seems like you shoulda gotten a Yugo...
IMO, just cause someone has something 'nicer' than what other people have, doesnt mean they have to act all snobby or whatever......Maybe you should park the Cadillac in a parking lot or something and get a rental car...just something like a ford focus or something......then drive home and explane to your wife that you didnt like the Caddi and you found that car for a good deal, so ya traded it....see how she reacts....just to give her a little scare...lol
Oh well.....

c5 rv
11-24-03, 08:07 PM
My mother-in-law used to have a Cimarron and liked it. She's looking forward to seeing our CTS when we visit for Thanksgiving.

skidernip
11-24-03, 09:48 PM
Wife wanted to impress her cousin Lamar today(actually he's my cousin too,but that's another story) His whole family said they were real proud for us, Wife said they were green with envy and that made her happy.
His three kids,8, 10 and 10 1/2 wanted a ride in a real Cadillac. Now the wife is real particular about the new Deville so she set down some rules for them youngens, no wrestling with the yard dogs in the back seat, No eating ice cream and no smoking. Kids and dogs and us had a great time driving around playing Hawk Williams on the Radio. Except one of the dogs threw up but it all went on one of the kids and not the leather seats.
It was kinda crowded in the back, maybe next time I'll take out the back seat. Think I can get four extra yard dogs or two kids with it out.

Speedingpenguin
11-25-03, 01:01 PM
so it seems like its real important for your wife to feel kinda special....I can kinda see how that is, but really....is she like this with everything? lol

Now, time for you to explane how your cousin can be your wifes cousin as well....lol

*THE PENGUIN IS CONFUSED*

NCGNETO90
11-25-03, 07:56 PM
Sounds like your wife needs to loose the cadillac and get a minivan. Im not judging but the way i read it is that your wife is one of those people that i really dont like. See, the way that i am is i love the people not there belongings. I am from a family that isn't well-off by anymeans yet are not poor. Just because im am doing well doesn't mean that i drop all of my "poor" friends and try to find "better" friends. That is just low. If i where you i would tell the wife to shove it and i would sell the cadillac and buy her an old pinto. But thats just me. Sorry if i offended you. I did not mean to just sharing my opinion.

skidernip
11-25-03, 08:49 PM
It's not my wifes fault it's well, something just come over her when she got her first Cadillac, Don't know if it's those solf leather seats or the power surge in that Northstar engine?

Last night she wanted to have sex in the back seat, and she wanted me to drive.

Sounds like your wife needs to loose the Cadillac and get a minivan. Im not judging but the way i read it is that your wife is one of those people that i really dont like. See, the way that i am is i love the people not there belongings. I am from a family that isn't well-off by anymeans yet are not poor. Just because im am doing well doesn't mean that i drop all of my "poor" friends and try to find "better" friends. That is just low. If i where you i would tell the wife to shove it and i would sell the cadillac and buy her an old pinto. But thats just me. Sorry if i offended you. I did not mean to just sharing my opinion.

NCGNETO90
11-25-03, 11:45 PM
It's not my wifes fault it's well, something just come over her when she got her first Cadillac, Don't know if it's those solf leather seats or the power surge in that Northstar engine?

Last night she wanted to have sex in the back seat, and she wanted me to drive.
Ok! That right there? Yea.... Too much information :eek: :eek:

Jesda
11-26-03, 07:39 AM
While we're headed for the gutter, I volunteer to video tape.

skidernip
11-26-03, 10:08 AM
While we're headed for the gutter, I volunteer to video tape.

Didn't mean to head that way, just showing how a Cadillac can change a person.

Wife really proud of it, and it looks real good setting in-front of my Fleetwood Double-Wide.

davesdeville
11-26-03, 07:31 PM
I'd be proud if I had a Caddy too. Wait a minute I do have one and I am proud of it..

NCGNETO90
11-26-03, 08:16 PM
I went from a RX-7 to a caddi and i didnt change one bit. Well i act differently when im in my caddi then when i am in my 7's. So i guees you are right.

SLS97
11-26-03, 10:57 PM
Okay, Umma gonna bite. Is yo last name Kettle?

Jesda
11-27-03, 12:40 AM
When I drive around in my Infiniti I tend to be a nicer, less aggressive driver. Sure, I own the left lane, but I feel like The Big Cool Guy doing everyone else a favor when I let them in front of me.

Ralph
11-27-03, 03:46 AM
Well I certainly don't think any car is worth losing friends, especially family over! Wait, it's a Caddy right, I take back what I said. lol

Actually my parents love their new DTS for one simple reason, it DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A CADILLAC. Yes, you read right. You have to admit, it does not have the traditional features of the more recent past models, ie; slit taillights, fender skirts, fins. My dad wanted another Cadillac, but my mom did not want to appear fancy, so they both won. LOL! The new ones are toooooo sporty!

Ralph
11-27-03, 03:49 AM
When I drive around in my Infiniti I tend to be a nicer, less aggressive driver. Sure, I own the left lane, but I feel like The Big Cool Guy doing everyone else a favor when I let them in front of me.

If you do get a Caddy, don't get a red one! LOL

Elvis
11-27-03, 12:29 PM
skidernip is cracking me up :histeric:

If you guys would pay attention, you'd get it too. :rolleyes2

skidernip
11-28-03, 09:58 PM
skidernip is cracking me up :histeric:

If you guys would pay attention, you'd get it too. :rolleyes2

Well there it sets 2003 Deville silver it is, Hasn't moved in three days now, Hasn't stopped raining in three days either, the closest black top Rd. Is two miles away. No mud on the Caddy the wife says. I took a couple Willie Nelson CD's and played them in the car. Wanted a Old Milwaukee but wife says No drinking beer in the Caddy.
Got bored so I pushed the button on the Onstar and ask the lady my location she said it was exactly the same place it was the last ten times I had called, So I then asked her were the closes gas station was( I knew just wanted to know if she did) Onstar lady said it was the Flying Circle J Truck Stop off of highway 411, Then she added I couldn't go now because my wife didn't want any mud on the Caddy.
Dang really getting bored now, Maybe I'll ask the wife if she wants to go visit her mother, Hell no! I'm not that desperate.
Just got a new copy of Farm Animal Journal maybe I take it out to the car with a big chew of Redman and relax for awhile.

Oops I forgot no spit cups and no chewing tobacco in the Caddy.

Elvis
11-28-03, 11:08 PM
:welcome:

No farm animals, either, dammit! :histeric:

Ralph
11-28-03, 11:47 PM
Hey Skid, how's the kin folk doing? Are you friends again? ;)

skidernip
11-29-03, 12:14 AM
Hey Skid, how's the kin folk doing? Are you friends again? ;)

Ralph most of them doing OK. some not so good, After the fire and all,
With every Cadillac sold the dealers gave a free turkey and what is called a turkey fryer, Now this turkey fryer got a big pot and you put about 10 gallons of peanut oil in it and I got a coupon for a frozen turkey from the Piggy Wiggle Store, anyhow all the relatives were standing around me watching at my grand paws house outside, I got that peanut oil boiling real strong, then I dropped a 16lb frozen turkey into it.
Ralph I ain't never seen such a explosion, It was shock and awe time on Tater Mt.
Thank goodness the only thing that burnt down was his toilet and since it wasn't close to his house it didn't matter none.
A few 3rd degree burns were taken care of with a slab of butter and the yard dogs enjoyed what was left of the turkey.

Other than that we had a great Thanksgiving.

Ralph
11-29-03, 01:33 AM
I like Barnyard animals. Are you near the Smokey Mountains toward Knoxville, or further south by Cleveland?? :confused: :bonkers:

Elvis
11-29-03, 09:06 AM
I caught a glimpse of skidernip at one of the UT Vols games this year. He and the Missus weren't too happy about losing to Georgia.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=692

skidernip
11-29-03, 09:47 AM
I caught a glimpse of skidernip at one of the UT Vols games this year. He and the Missus weren't too happy about losing to Georgia.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=692

Morning Elvis, I sure would hate to be a Georgia fan and sit next to those two.

Speaking of sports I saw were Tiger Woods getting married, I don't really know what he sees in her, and for that matter if Woods had driven a Cadillac instead of a Buick Park Avenue he could done a lot better. Don't you think?

http://www.elin-nordegren.com/

skidernip
11-29-03, 11:46 AM
I like Barnyard animals. Are you near the Smokey Mountains toward Knoxville, or further south by Cleveland?? :confused: :bonkers:

Ralph,Tennessee to skinny a state to have a North and South so we just got a East and West. I live East of 411 between Greenback and Maryville (pronounced Merville) it's what's they call the Foothills of the Smoky's. Yankee's come from all over to see the Smokies, They always say how beautiful it is . They don't know it's usually just me burning old truck tires in my back yard.

Ralph
11-29-03, 09:11 PM
Ralph,Tennessee to skinny a state to have a North and South so we just got a East and West. I live East of 411 between Greenback and Maryville (pronounced Merville) it's what's they call the Foothills of the Smoky's. Yankee's come from all over to see the Smokies, They always say how beautiful it is . They don't know it's usually just me burning old truck tires in my back yard.

My dad ran a Gulf and we would burn the tires in the 1970's. Careful Dude, I think that smoke is toxic. :coffee:

What color is your new Caddy?

davesdeville
11-29-03, 11:46 PM
Speaking of sports I saw were Tiger Woods getting married, I don't really know what he sees in her, and for that matter if Woods had driven a Cadillac instead of a Buick Park Avenue he could done a lot better. Don't you think?

http://www.elin-nordegren.com/

I think he did ok, the park ave is a pretty nice car, and of course..