: Need Tires! Buy Them Now!!!

Dave's V
09-06-05, 07:18 PM
Due to gas prices skyrocketing, tire prices are due to go up 10-20% since they are made with a lot of crude oil. This was according to our local news last night. I already backordered my 5 Avon M551s through Tirerack. They do have Conti Extremecontacts if you can't wait for the Avons (around 4-6 weeks).

Order now before you pay $100+ more. That means the F1 Run Craps will go for around $380. Anyone think they are worth it at 15,000 miles a pop if you are lucky?

urbanski
09-06-05, 07:21 PM
you're right....
heh, my PS2s are doing great and i have new T1Ss up in the attic :D

sharky1
09-06-05, 08:37 PM
since im gonna have to deal with this at some point, what are you guys doing for a spare?

CVP33
09-06-05, 08:40 PM
In my business we buy a lot of plastics, i.e. resin based products. We received an email today that of 20 plants that make resin in the area devistated by Katrina, only 2 are operating and only marginally. Another side effect is trucking. We already had a trucking crisis nationwide. With the relief effort now into full swing our trucking rates are up 20 to 25% with surcharges, shortages, etc.

Dave's V
09-06-05, 10:02 PM
since im gonna have to deal with this at some point, what are you guys doing for a spare?

I'm buying an extra Avon M551 A/S to throw on an extra OEM rim. The M551 is directional but I have a 50% chance the problem tire will be on the same side as the spare would rotate. Otherwise, it'll last a few miles till I can get the tire fixed or remount the spare.