: EGR Tubing

mjbrome
05-07-14, 04:14 AM
When putting the motor back in I bent the little flexy metel tube off the EGR to the exhaust. Well just the tip that goes into EGR. Spent an hour or so trying to straighten it out but couldn't get it so cut it off flat and sent the bolt in that way... Anyways can't find that part anywhere. Oriellys can't either (the one guy that I can trust at these stores, I actually followed him to his new location) on his parts list or vendors. Checked rockauto too. Not throwing a code for that but can smell fumes every so often and fret its making my average mpg lower than it should. Sitting at about 18.1 average. Still need to put in fuel filter and thinking about the direct replacement k&n air filter as mine is dirty but might just go fram again anyway, whatever right?? Oh, 2001 Deville Base.

maeng9981
05-07-14, 06:39 AM
That metal flex tubing may be junk yard only.

Submariner409
05-07-14, 08:50 AM
The K&N filter(s) are expensive eye candy that accomplish nothing out of the ordinary. A WIX, AC Delco, Fram, Purolator pleated paper filter catches more dust and dirt than the cutesy filters and costs a whole lot less.

Look up the correct filter number in the cross reference catalogs hanging on the racks at the parts store.

The EGR tube - maybe www.classictube.com - or talk to Chris in parts at Rippy Cadillac over there >>>>>

Ranger
05-07-14, 10:35 AM
Oh no, is that a Fram oil filter I see? Say it ain't so. :canttalk:

Submariner409
05-07-14, 12:53 PM
Yup - A HP-2 (one quart racing version) - we use them in the Olds 455 marine conversion engines. Good filter. NOT like the automotive lines. Just did a MOROSO 10-quart pan on one. It now takes 11 quarts with filter - Pennzoil 15W-40 LongLife. Plenty oil, plenty interior parts cooling - these things run at 3600 - 4200 rpm for hours at a clip.

(If I could get one on the Northstar - gasket and tapping plate are perfect - it would be there now. No room for the diameter, though.)

(There are 18 of those HP-2s sitting on the shelf right now.)

arctic_man
05-07-14, 01:37 PM
You are looking at the rear EGR tube, correct? I actually just found one myself. Part number should be: 12561834

You will only be able to buy new online. What I did is contacted an ebay seller who was selling the front one. He pulled the rear one off for me and I got it for $30 with free shipping.

The bottom nut on it is rusted on. I don't think you will be able to get it off at the junk yard without some brute force. It actually took the ebay guy all day to get it off. All day in the sense of oiling it up, trying it, oiling it up some more, trying some more... etc.

mjbrome
05-07-14, 06:36 PM
Alright thanks a bunch. I'll try the part number but I'm also think junkyard might be only option.