Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  kjr39 
#1 ·
Hey all,
I'm new to the list from Kings Park, NY and hope to be one of the V owners in the very immediate future. Wasn't that crazy about the body originally but fell in love with driving it at this year's Auto Show in Motion. Definitely nicer than the '02 M3 I test drove from Habberstad BMW.

After reading all the info about the pre-'06 rears and wheel hop issues, I've decided on an '06 CTS-V. The problem is, no dealerships seem to have any info on them other than base price and 'we'll call you when one comes in'. Call me old fashioned but I want to pick the options, get all the build specs, etc. My girlfriend and I don't want to just show up with a wad of cash and take whatever happens to be on the lot.
GM touts the car on www.cadillac.com but when you try to build/price it says not available.

Does anyone know when the build dates start, when is the earliest delivery date, what options are available, etc?

Also, how far will GM let you modify the car before the warranty goes out the window? The only plans we have are Corsa exhaust and B&M shifter (if the '06 will even need the shifter).

Side note, any of you LI guys notice how base the base CTS has become a dime-a-dozen me-too car?

Thanks guys.
-Mike

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know about build dates etc, but other than color, sunroof, stiffer shocks, Corsa, and a set of chrome wheels, everthing else is standard.

The Corsa is a great addition to the V and is a GM approved option. The shift linkage on the '06 is supposed to be improved, but most dealers would not give you a hard time about a B&M shifter unless the repair problem was directly related to the aftermarket part. However, Caddie dealers vary wildly regarding hi-po parts. Check the Dealer Rank link at Cadillacfaq.com to find dealers in your area that cater to enthusiasts.

Since you have to drop the exhaust to change the shifter, its good to do it at the same time. If you have it done by your dealer, the chances of having problems later is diminished.

Good luck. It a great car.

CR

#3 ·
I too am waiting for the 06. I sure would think that you could order a car to your liking and that is what I plan to do. Very soon I will visit the dealer and see what the time frame for ordering a car is.

The only real options on the V is the shock package and the sunroof delete. The other options such as corsa and chrome wheels are all dealer installed, not factory installed so they can be done at any time.

I just want to see the new Infared color compared to the older Redline color. I love the Stealth Gray, but the Infared is a definate possibility.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.