: FYI- Tire pressure loss

ctsvett
09-06-05, 02:22 PM
A while back some guys were complaining about losing tire pressure slowly after having aftermarket tires put on the car.

I had the same problem and it had NOTHING to do with the tire pressure sensors. Actually what happened, is little rubber "tabs" that stick out from the tires very near to the edge of the bead had bent down and actually got trapped in the edge of the bead causing a small leak of air. I only realized this when I was washing my tires and saw/ heard bubbles coming from where those rubber tabs were..

Solution: I am going to have the tire shop remount the tires.

Funny, it only happened on two of my 4 tires.

Just FYI- for those who complained about this slow air leakage problem before.

Reed

markbinkc
09-06-05, 03:02 PM
A while back some guys were complaining about losing tire pressure slowly after having aftermarket tires put on the car.

I had the same problem and it had NOTHING to do with the tire pressure sensors. Actually what happened, is little rubber "tabs" that stick out from the tires very near to the edge of the bead had bent down and actually got trapped in the edge of the bead causing a small leak of air. I only realized this when I was washing my tires and saw/ heard bubbles coming from where those rubber tabs were..

Solution: I am going to have the tire shop remount the tires.

Funny, it only happened on two of my 4 tires.

Just FYI- for those who complained about this slow air leakage problem before. Reed

Let me guess. Is it the rear tires? I'm STILL having problems with one of my IForged rims in the rear:banghead: . They actually had to make 2 new barrels for my rear tires. Seems that on hard acceleration, they felt the tire was moving independent of the rim. This will be my last set of aftermarket rims:helpless: .

Mark