: 55.6 mpg

jsjag
09-06-05, 09:31 AM
I just got this e-mail from my wife. <<Why does the read-out on the Caddy say I'm getting 55.6 mpg? It would be great if it were true, but I highly doubt it! Did you adjust something?>>

She is at work and I am not there to look at the dash. What the heck could be up that that? I told her to re-set the dash computer and see if it changes.

95 DeVille Concours

EcSTSatic
09-06-05, 09:40 AM
Is she reading instant mileage or average? Instantaneous Mileage reads pretty high if you are coasting.

jsjag
09-06-05, 02:33 PM
Is she reading instant mileage or average? Instantaneous Mileage reads pretty high if you are coasting.

Gotta love - um! Just got an e-mail and it wasn't MPG it was average MPH.

chuckdobbins
09-06-05, 04:42 PM
Gotta love - um! Just got an e-mail and it wasn't MPG it was average MPH.

this definitely just brightened up my day :p

Eldyfig
09-06-05, 09:55 PM
55.6 "average" MPH...No carbon in that north* for sure.

Spyder
09-07-05, 12:50 AM
On my recent run from Yuba City, CA to San Diego, CA, I averaged 72.4 mph...with two fuel stops and two pee stops...and a sunset photo stop I couldn't pass up...my last high speed run for a while, I think, as the car is now gone. :)

ShadowLvr400
09-07-05, 12:52 AM
I used to have an avg mph of 80+ when I worked in Daytona...

davesdeville
09-07-05, 01:57 AM
I averaged 67.5mph from Van Wert, OH, to Albuquerque, NM, but that was just what I calculated based off time/distance, so it included gas, food, restroom, toll, etc stops. The speed limit for most of the trip was 65.

Eldyfig
09-07-05, 04:43 AM
I guess if I reset my average mph before I get on the open road my average would be higher. I haven't reset it but once in 3 years. My average over the last year or two without restting is about 32 mph.

tremor12
09-07-05, 06:56 AM
I guess if I reset my average mph before I get on the open road my average would be higher. I haven't reset it but once in 3 years. My average over the last year or two without restting is about 32 mph.

What you are seeing is not an average of your past year or two, the computer will calculate the average based on the last "x" amount of data, where "x" is the amount of memory alloted for that data's storage... basically, after a couple tankfulls, the old data drops off and is replaced...

jsjag
09-07-05, 08:02 AM
When we drove the car across the country for a while, we had average MPH of over 70. In the western States the speed limit was 75 which meant cruising at 80 mph was easy to do.

mcowden
09-07-05, 10:31 AM
When we drove the car across the country for a while, we had average MPH of over 70. In the western States the speed limit was 75 which meant cruising at 80 mph was easy to do.

For a while, Montana was the place to go for high speed driving. If you got a ticket for doing 90 in a 55 zone, your ticket price would be $5. That was years ago, but they still have a general dislike for speed limits and enforcement is a bit lax.

Jamler
09-07-05, 10:44 AM
That is funny... I'm actually a new STS owner, just bought an '03 and I remember looking up and seeing 52 Avg Mph... I was like WOW... No way... Then realized it was MPH not MPG!!!! Love the car... Still trying to figure out how to turn off the seat moving when I turn off the car to get out. The seat rises up to this high setting and causes me to bang my jewels on the steering wheel when exiting... LOL I guess I need some more Manual Read time... lol

Spyder
09-07-05, 12:45 PM
nah, just wear a cup!