: flex tube exhaust

eldoedwardo
05-05-14, 07:53 PM
I saw light through the flex in front of the CAT, felt some exhaust leaking . Since this is
happening could it be why the 0420 is coming on occasionally ? If the cat is indeed poor I would by one and install it. Is the flex only available with the header Y ? If it is 'one part' I can
imagine the cost not alone the difficulty of R&R. The flex does not have to be a "bolt up fit" I
have some exhaust equipment, but I don't want to fix 1/2 of the problem. Where would some
one buy a flex connector. As far as a CAT replacement, no online places give any size of except
in/out diameters and length. I think I should stay within the factory "chamber?" size so the
performance, economy, and overall design will work its best.
Am I full of kraut or does this make any since?
Ed:cookoo:

rodnok01
05-05-14, 09:05 PM
I wouldn't get too wound up about cat size.
I don't remember a flex pipe on the exhaust and don't see one on the dealer sites listed dude...

Submariner409
05-05-14, 09:19 PM
There's a woven s/s flex connector between the exhaust manifold Y and the 4-bolt cat flange.

You can find it in the systems diagrams in www.gmpartsgiant.com

04GrandAmGT
05-06-14, 12:14 PM
i believe 98 is the only year with two flex pipes in the exhaust, so you will be good there. but you can just cut it out and put any after market flex piping in place.

97EldoCoupe
05-06-14, 04:20 PM
Yeah, in '99 they switched back to single flex and did away with the catalytic converter support bracket