: reed, whats best IR palm that works in car?

BliTzer
09-05-05, 09:43 AM
Also is anythiing in our V bluetooth or bluetooth ready or capable?

But if you were going to buy a palm unit, something similiar to the nextel blackberry.. something that is IR, can recieve thru telecoms info that could be passed into your V's unit, Nav system ect..

who what would you reccomend?

Also if anyone else out there uses one that is like i explained above... must capable of recieving info thru cell telecom please speak out...

thank you.
blitzer

KILR CAD
09-05-05, 01:33 PM
I use the PalmOne Treo 650 from VerizonWireless, It works great as a phone, email, palm base address book, web search. It's a great multi tool.

ctsvett
09-05-05, 02:11 PM
everything on on car is NOT bluetooth... I was going to try to integrate a bluetooth car kit into the V once but got discouraged (I even had the kit and all- sold it though).... So, for my phone I wired in (hardwired) a kit that my phone plugs into.

As for the IR, it can receive from an PALM device from my understanding (anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

All you can do with the IR is pass the adress to the nav. I did it once and have not done it since cause I dont carry a pda anymore.

Someone (GAGs-V?) was saying that they beam addresses all the time... can you help out here?

Reed

Rikmyster
09-05-05, 02:15 PM
It is interesting that we discussed this on Sunday in Tustin. My understanding is that any IR beam will work. I use my VIIx, but I am upgrading to a windows unit which also works. The BEAM is so much faster in programing the nav system.

Merle Corey
09-05-05, 08:21 PM
fwiw, my treo 600 is a useless palm IR beam source - will not link up

BliTzer
09-05-05, 11:19 PM
hmmm interesting. Thanx for the advice so far.. I guess im going to the dealer tuesday & see if they have a printo out of what works & what doesnt.. if get that list REED you can add to your FAQ if ya want..

PalmOne Treo 650 thanx KILR i will check it out...

later blitzer..

ctsvett
09-06-05, 12:06 AM
[QUOTE=BliTzer]I guess im going to the dealer tuesday & see if they have a printo out of what works & what doesnt.. if get that list REED you can add to your FAQ if ya want..
QUOTE]

Yes.. if you get a list... I would love it... I will ask my contacts as well. I doubt the dealer will know a thing, but good luck!

Reed

tedcmiller
09-06-05, 09:43 AM
I have successfully communicated via IR using a Palm Zire 31 PDA and a Kyocera 7135 cell phone (which is a Palm-based combined phone and PDA).