: Forum Format

m3driver
09-04-05, 08:35 PM
First off I just want to thank the folks that put this forum together, lots of great info. Second I was wondering is it time for a different format? I can't find a damn thing on this since it's gotten so large. I'm a member of the Avalanche fan club. It started out the same as this site but then switched over to a much more useable Format.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?action=collapse;c=4;sa=expand#4

fairly easy to find stuff. Much more user friendly.

Of course I don't have frickin idea on how hard it would be to do this....

Just a thought for the powers that be.

thanks

Marco

Brett
09-04-05, 09:02 PM
We tried to add some forums to spread it out a bit, then we were burned in effigy(sp?) and changed it back :)

CVP33
09-04-05, 10:44 PM
Brett,

As a moderator I don't think you should embelish or exaggerate what happened. We did try to burn you in person, you're just too damned fast. :lildevil:

M3 - Brett's right. The mod's and others did try to segment the forum but it just didn't work. We have some real die-hards on here including myself that religiously read damn near every post. I know that's hard to comprehend and frankly I've never seen another forum like it.

I also agree that anyone coming into the forum now would probably gringe at the "required reading" it would take to get caught up. Although "search is your friend" the searching required is very daunting.

Florian
09-04-05, 11:20 PM
love it the way it is....dont go a changin!

F

2004ctsv
09-04-05, 11:53 PM
I think the set up works fine.

If you want hard information, go to the FAQ.
If you want to BS about stuff, use the forum.

Where else could you read about a Florida character named Dannystang who likes little boys? Or see such great avatars (although some of the best have disappeared)?

Keep the forum like it is. With all the warts and wrinkles.

Tony

ctsvett
09-05-05, 02:35 AM
If you want hard information, go to the FAQ.
If you want to BS about stuff, use the forum.
Tony

Finally a good way to put it... I have been trying to figure out how to explain the FAQ and Forums' complimentary relationship.

I would add this:
If you want hard information, procedures, installs, Videos, or pictures, go to the FAQ.
If you want to BS about stuff, People's opinons on mods, issues, etc use the forum.

Nicely put Tony.

Reed