: Auto headlamp washers?

c4racer
09-04-05, 03:36 AM
My kids were pretty amused the other day as I was pulling into the garage and the auto-lights came on and the headlamp washers were deployed. I was less amused. Now the front end is all wet and I have to dry it off. It happened again when pulling out of the garage a few days later. I have disabled it by not using the auto light feature. But it sucks having a nice feature like that you can't use... Is there a way to disable the headlamp washers from coming on? I could not find anything in the manual or in the set-up screens regarding this, and the manual says the washers only come on when the headlights are on and you hit the windshield washer button, well - I didn't do that, so the manual appears to be incorrect.

Anyone know how to disable this watering the front end for no good reason "feature" on this thing? I'm a new V owner, bought it just over 1 week ago and really loving it, but I would like to use auto lights w/o splashing water all over my front end for no reason....

Scott:ill:

ctsvett
09-04-05, 05:04 AM
You have an electrical gremlin. They should only come on if you hit the washer button and the headlights are on.

Dealer may be able to look into this... Are you sure you didnt accidentially hit the washer button.

Reed

troyboy1
09-04-05, 12:18 PM
I had the same problem and the dealer was no help so I removed the fuse for the Headlight Washers and I have had no other issues for the last 5 months.

cram
09-04-05, 12:25 PM
I had the same problem. Just got it back after three days at the dealer. The dealer said there was a short in the fuse panel circuit for the headlamp washer relay. They replaced the bussed fuse block. So far, so good.

wicked v
09-04-05, 01:19 PM
I also have this problem. I took it to the dealer and of course it did not do it for the mechanic. Now it does it constantly, it does not matter if I have it on auto or normal. I just let the water run out. Every time I start the car it lets me know im low. Im going to take it back to the dealer soon, hopefully they will fix it this time. On second thought I think Ill remove the fuse, going back to the dealer is never a good experience!

DeputyDog
09-04-05, 03:06 PM
I also have the same problem. With automatic lights on the washers come on and keep washing until I turn the lights off. Told the dealer about it and they said it was working fine. I did notice I have a small chip in one of the lenses and that might be the problem. Don't know.

cram
09-04-05, 05:07 PM
Guys....read my post. As I said, I had the exact same problem. The dealer spent a lot of time trying to figure it out and seems to have it corrected. Props to Coulter Cadillac.

c4racer
09-04-05, 11:17 PM
seems like a common gremlin....... I thought about pulling the fuse, but maybe I will see if I can get the dealer to fix i properly first. Although, I must say I probably do not need or want headlamp washers at all here in CA... Especially since I will be driving the SUV most of the time during the heavy part of the rainy season anway...

But shorts always worry me - best to get them fixed before something else strange starts happening...

Scott

knockout_tx
09-05-05, 02:13 PM
Mine just started doing this yesterday...........They need to put out a TSB on this issue.