: I'm a old Fart and first Cadillac ever.

skidernip
11-23-03, 01:13 AM
Wife looked for four months everything from a Kia to a Lamberginia. I wanted a Park Avenue she said only old farts drive them.
She feel in love with a 2003 DeVille Silver.
It was used, dealer said it came from one of those Dealer Auction?
Has 29,000 miles on it, paid $25,108. How you can put 29,000 on a car in a year I have no Idea. That dern things has got so many buttons and read outs and little lights I'll never learn them all.
One thing for sure ain't nothing wrong with the radio I sure know how to use it, Hawk Williams ain't never sounded so good.

I got about a zillion questions but not tonight.

Skid

the Sandman
11-23-03, 06:35 AM
Hey Skid - Welcome to the CadillacForums! That *is* a lot of mileage for one year. Does it still feel "tight"?

Thanks for registering! :welcome:

skidernip
11-23-03, 08:31 AM
Hey Skid - Welcome to the CadillacForums! That *is* a lot of mileage for one year. Does it still feel "tight"?

Thanks for registering! :welcome:

Hi Sandman, My other vehicle was a 86 Chevy pickup. and compared to it the Cadillac is really tight, Had a bumper sticker on the truck that said " Honk if you see parts falling Off" then the bumper fell off.
Can't get over the power sound of that Northstar engine, really sounds great, Hope it's as good as some say it is.

Elvis
11-23-03, 08:35 AM
Welcome to the forums!

If you like Hank, then you MUST activate the XM Radio option. Channel 13 is called "Hank's Place" and they play nothing but genuine country music. George, Willie, Hank, Lefty, and a lot of old Western swing.

Check it out at www.xmradio.com. You'll love it.

Enjoy your car!

skidernip
11-23-03, 08:48 AM
Morning Elvis hope your doing well, I don't think the car has a XM Radio, now its got a button when you push it readout says no XM Radio or something like that, I live in the mountains and the Onstar cuts out a lot, Maybe I can get some kind of after market XM Radio, was told I could get some kind of modular that goes in the trunk and hooks up to the existing radio, don't know if it's true.

Welcome to the forums!

If you like Hank, then you MUST activate the XM Radio option. Channel 13 is called "Hank's Place" and they play nothing but genuine country music. George, Willie, Hank, Lefty, and a lot of old Western swing.

Check it out at www.xmradio.com. You'll love it.

Enjoy your car!

Elvis
11-23-03, 08:54 AM
There are a lot of add-ons, and they're dirt cheap. Some hook into the antenna, some plug into the cassette deck.

If you have the button, there's probably a factory add-on, which I would recommend. It may cost a few hundred, but once you get XM, you'll be hooked.

skidernip
11-23-03, 09:03 AM
I intend to look into it, Just about out of money already, only had the car a couple days, wife want to go on a trip, Tunica, Miss maybe.
Maybe I can hit a couple hard eights on the crap table to ease the pain of being poor.

There are a lot of add-ons, and they're dirt cheap. Some hook into the antenna, some plug into the cassette deck.

If you have the button, there's probably a factory add-on, which I would recommend. It may cost a few hundred, but once you get XM, you'll be hooked.

elwesso
11-23-03, 10:33 AM
Welcome aboard... Thanks for signing up :wave:

ljklaiber
11-23-03, 03:05 PM
Welcome, and have a Ball!

Basic maintenance and keeping the Battery voltage up by adding distilled water is all I have done to my 95 SLS. Wife just called from the I-16 truckin on home at 80mph from Macon to Savannah. Caddy has 139k on it and it flies.

Lot of Caddy bashin on this site, but nevermind. Cool cars!

Vesicant
11-24-03, 10:29 AM
Hey about the miles on your new cad, im guessing it was a rental car; they keep those things in great shape but the miles pile on and on and on like ... stuff?

Neways, Peace out - JDG - 2k Cad Catera Ownz0r