: burnout

davidkatz88
09-03-05, 01:06 PM
how do i do a burnout with my car?

CVP33
09-03-05, 01:21 PM
Ask GM for permission first. Better yet just replay a couple of vid's from the FAQ's site and get over your desire to do that.

ahahnu
09-03-05, 02:28 PM
CVP, don't be so harsh. It's better not to tell GM.:shhh: After you get the wheel hop bushings from GM, Mash on the gas and release the clutch. The high hp and torque will do the rest. Be prepared to get new tires as the runflats are a soft as a baby's bottom.:lildevil:

Dave's V
09-03-05, 02:38 PM
Yep, just ops checked my new bushings yesterday. Nice tire marks and no wheel hop. I didn't notice any difference in ride quality/noise either. My run craps are almost toast anyway and need to be replaced before the snow starts falling in early November.

urbanski
09-03-05, 04:31 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/video/index.html
3 burnout vids there, one is me :D

i put her in second, revved her up past 3k, dropped the clutch and got on the brake real fast, but just enough to hold her still and not stall. Took several tries. She'll cook em good.

CVP33
09-03-05, 05:26 PM
CVP, don't be so harsh. It's better not to tell GM.:shhh: After you get the wheel hop bushings from GM, Mash on the gas and release the clutch. The high hp and torque will do the rest. Be prepared to get new tires as the runflats are a soft as a baby's bottom.:lildevil:

Don't confuse honesty with harshness. If you bring your V in for service and there is evidence of burnouts, i.e. reduce tread on rear tires vs. front you may void your warranty. Just ask ACE. Unsuspecting V owners need to know the reality behind these actions. Many on here who's identities are fairly easy to determine or are in fact public need to be very careful regarding any post with respect to their mod's or driving habits. Just advice.

PneuBird
09-03-05, 05:55 PM
I'm old school!!! Remember to "Beat the Cubes once a day; It keeps them happy!!" :burn:

ahahnu
09-03-05, 05:55 PM
Not intended that way at all. I just thought he was a new and don't want to scare him off. I was told that I abuse my car like that too. In the snow there is nothing you can do but spin your tires to try and get up a hill. :cookoo: Oh I forgot to mention - turn off your your traction control

Dave's V
09-03-05, 05:59 PM
I agree with CVP33. Manufacturers are known to "check out" car enthusiast sites to look for people abusing their cars. Mitsu used their "research" to deny an engine claim of a Utah owner. He bragged about how great his EVO was during a SCCA II race.

I rotated my tires once at around 4k. The backs were down to around 2/32. 8k miles the new back tires still have more tread than the fronts. My guess is that the dealer "abused" the car before I bought it at 661 miles. The F1 run craps have a bad life span but being on a high performance car and being shaved 1/32 at the factory doesn't help their life span at all.