: cable acting up, white smoke 94 sls

starfox86
09-03-05, 09:49 AM
after about two minutes theres white smoke coming from the exhaust, it smells like something burnt. theres no loss of coolant, but i was loosing transmission fluid. I just replace the transmission oil pan gasket, and that doesnt seem to be leaking anymore. also, when i turn the car off...the cable that is for pulling the air intake open on the intake manifold is opening every 2 seconds, and then after about 15 seconds it stops. it opens about half an inch, then closes. could something wrong with that be a problem and causing the smoke?

starfox86
09-03-05, 05:10 PM
ok, i thought i would replace the throttle position sensor to see if that was the problem. but it wasnt unfortunatly. although, as I was replacing it, i found a piece of the rubber gasket for the thermostat wedged in the cooling line. I was wondering why the tempurature was about 10 degrees higher than normal. ..so for the throttle ...I'm not sure at all what the problem is. it seems as if something with the electrical system is making it open and close when the car is off for those 15 sec or so. is there any type of relay i could check?...or could it be a fuse?...I am not good in the electrical aspect of this vehicle, if anyone could help me out , it would be greatly apprechiated.

dkozloski
09-03-05, 05:53 PM
Year ago I had a Chevy Powerglide with a split diaphragm in the vacuum shift modulator on the transmission. Transmission fluid was being sucked into the engine and burned. I don't know if your transmission has the same thing but it might.

starfox86
09-04-05, 02:20 PM
I believe that is only on the 4T60-E transmission...i have the 4T80-E in mine, the transmission fluid seems to being staying at the same level now, so i dont think that is the problem. i now know its the idle speed control motor that is acting up. so i will go from there.

starfox86
09-07-05, 03:08 AM
FIXED THE WHITE SMOKE PROBLEM!!!!!....just figured i buy one of those bottles of fuel injector cleaner...(i had a full tank of gas, so i looked for one that required a full tank because most of em said to put it in on an empty tank)....but yeah, about 30 min later, NO WHITE SMOKE!...wow am i relieved!