: Wildwhl needs your help.

wildwhl
09-02-05, 10:41 PM
(Sal & Reed, thanks for the bandwidth - is there a mod that can help me cross post this?)

My staff and I decided to do something today - please see below:

Subject: Registered Ink needs your help!

Ladies and gentlemen -

We need your assistance.

We've been watching the news wondering how the hell we could help those unfortunate souls trapped in the path of Hurricane Katrina. We can't go build their new houses, offer medication, food, or clothing, or even clean up.

But we can print a lot of sheets - a WHOLE lot of sheets - many tons in fact - in the period of 168 hours - or 24/7 to be more exact.

My staff and I have decided to work for free the week of September 19th.

All proceeds will be immediately sent to the American Red Cross for the Katrina victims. We are going to donate 100% of proceeds above actual material expenses from ALL PROJECTS ENTERED INTO PRODUCTION THAT WEEK - WHETHER THEY ARE COMPLETED OR NOT. We will donate the time, equipment, energy, and production. We are willing to work 24/7 - and if orders are entered and don't get produced for a week or two later - those STILL COUNT!

Can you help us? You bet.

I'm asking Heidelberg to simply sell me supplies at cost for those jobs (aka plates, chemistry, and blankets).

I'm asking Unisource to sell us paper at cost.

I'm asking the rest of you to get as much business through my front doors on those days - and if not - come over and help (we're going to need it!).

This is short, short notice - but it is the real deal. We are very fortunate in that we can MAKE MONEY rapidly - and this is one time in my life I'm betting we can send well over $250K to this cause. That's a big number to us - our annual sales for 2004 were only $2,050,000 - but we have the staff and equipment - just need the supporting work to pull it off!

Please email me direct at wildwhl@registeredink.com if there is anything you can do to help.

Sincerely,

Bill Gillis
Registered Ink Printing Company
Reno, Nevada 89512

CVP33
09-02-05, 10:52 PM
Bill,

I knew you were a class act all along. But after reading the above post you are obviously a compassionate and driven leader. Many have talked about helping, but you stepped up with an incredible commitment.

My company is a division of a Fortune 50 company. Our parent company donated an embarassing $50,000 while we, a lowly division, will donate more than double that. And we wish we could afford to do more.

wildwhl
09-02-05, 10:57 PM
CVP -

Thanks. We have no idea whether we can raise the 1/4 mil - but we're going to give it our best shot. Besides - why shouldn't we? Karma is a good thing - trust me :yup:

OuTLAw
09-02-05, 11:08 PM
I would love to help. Can you make business cards, flyers, newsletters, etc???

blown65
09-02-05, 11:23 PM
Sent ya an email. :)

wildwhl
09-02-05, 11:47 PM
Outlaw -

I think I should be supporting vendor before posting this blob - but if you'll all remember that this isn't for me - it is for a very, very good cause.

If it is ink on paper (or even magnetic paper) we can do it. Up to 24"x29", laser cutting, die cutting, foiling, embossing, 1/1, 2/2, 2/3, or 4 or 5 colors in one pass, aqueous coating, and all on the highest speed most advanced equipment avialable in the world from Heidelberg.

Email me and I'll tell you if so and how much $$$ just as quickly as I can respond...the response has been good thus far.

By the way, in order to hit our goal of $250K we'll need to actually produce somewhere around $400K worth of printing that week (unless my vendors step up to the plate and donate materials as well - I'm working on beating them down as far as possible - they owe me)! That means all of my machines need to go full bore for the entire 7 days - and probably 20-24 hours 'round the clock. We're accustomed to it - but not fully staffed for it. I'm seeking volunteers from my competitors and there are many of them stepping up for the cause.

We can blow thou$ands on our $illy car$ - we can most certainly do better than that here.

Again, thanks to Sal for allowing me to post this here.

WW

3rdstreet
09-03-05, 01:27 AM
Hey bill...do you can you print 4 color business cards...if so...how much (not that it matters...but just so I know what to expect)

Thanks!

ctsvett
09-03-05, 01:37 AM
WW,
You dont have to be a vendor to post anything related to this (its approved)... I think we can all agree this is a very charitable cause.

I urge anyone who can take advantage of what WildWhl is offering (and it looks like a few of you are) and see it as a chance to help ease the suffering and contirbute to a worthy cuase.!

Bug :thumbsup: to you Wild... You really are a class act (I dont care what CVP33 says about you. HAHAHA)

Reed

wildwhl
09-03-05, 12:29 PM
3rdstreet -

I don't have published prices, per say, like the high volume discount printers you normally see in the magazines or on the postcards in your mail box. We're a high quality value added shop - however - for the week in question we're planning to gang as many jobs together as possible. That means 1,000 4/0 cards could be as cheap as $75 and 4/4 nearly as cheap - possibly cheaper. We don't want to bring the price down too much because the goal is to raise money for a worthy cause. Normally we charge $99 4/0 and $119 4/4 with .pdf files supplied. That would take us nearly 4,000 sets of 4/4 business cards to net $250K to the American Red Cross - but if that's what it takes - we'll do it. Main problem would be in the short time frame we've established is making sure that the files for 4,000 different designs were prepared properly :rolleyes:

WW

RobertCTS
09-03-05, 04:53 PM
I sent two donations. One to the American Red Cross and the other to the Salvation Army. I also sent a prayer. I felt good about it. :yup:

urbanski
09-05-05, 02:48 PM
bump for a great cause :)
go get em WW :)

HDMLNIUM
09-05-05, 08:59 PM
Bill,

You are for sure a stand up guy, and you are right about the Karma... You will get it back ten fold my friend, keep up the great work and all the people thank you for doing your part.

Bill

wildwhl
10-03-05, 08:52 PM
Just wanted to post the final numbers.

Somewhat of a dismal disappointment - but I do appreciate everyone who helped. My goal of $250K was obviously unrealistic, but I actually figured $100K could happen.

I think what we found out is people were a bit tired of hearing about the American Red Cross, Hurricane relief, etc. The week prior was busy as all hell (about $85K in business). The week following busy too (about $70K).

The donation week, however, even with us CHEATING to add jobs in before and after the fact that really didn't qualify, was a miserable $36K, of which roughly $30,000 is making it to the American Red Cross.

Again, just wanted to thank everybody here.

My staff has voted that if my pocketbook can afford it we try again next year for a different cause (actually, yearly). I'm thinking the Blitzer 500 C.I. stage 5 mod is a good one...but we'll have to let the jury decide :yup:

DILLIGAF
10-03-05, 08:58 PM
Those numbers are great,every bit helps.I think TV coverage hurt peoples willingness to give.TV only talked about looters and rapists for a week.

wildwhl
10-03-05, 09:05 PM
Those numbers are great,every bit helps.I think TV coverage hurt peoples willingness to give.TV only talked about looters and rapists for a week.

You're likely right.

I'll tell you what impressed the hell out of me - my staff. At the end of the week I asked each of them how much of their time they would donate. SEVERAL gave 100%. Impressive. Furthermore, we had a ton of support in terms of people who were ready and willing to help. Free ink. Free coatings. Free or next to free paper and supplies. Truly, truly impressive.

Ever tell you that I believe in Karma? Well the karma phone rang last Tuesday. Wife and I are headed to Germany for two weeks Oct 17th - all expenses paid - VIP tour of Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG aka Heidleberg Printing machines.

Sometimes life is actually "V"ery,"V"ery good.

DILLIGAF
10-03-05, 09:15 PM
Good things happen to good people,your willingness to help others is awesome.

CVP33
10-03-05, 09:57 PM
Great job Bill! :thumbsup: As I stated previous our parent company, Fortune 50 donated $50,000. Our total as of last week was in excess of $250,000 and we're still counting checks from our vendors and customers. The only thing more amazing than the outpouring of donations is the incredible need. The HUGO storm that leveled Homestead was considered catastrophic, destroying over 28,000 homes. Katrina destroyed in excess of 500,000! Mind numbing destruction. :nono:

wildwhl
10-03-05, 09:59 PM
Geez...I just feel so, well, :grouphug:

lawfive
10-04-05, 12:41 AM
Bill,

Tonight on my American Airlines flight out of DFW I sat next to a woman who lives in the French Quarter. Her house is OK, but she knows many, many people who lost their houses, their most precious possessions, or worse. Thank you for what you've done.

-- Jerry