: Bushings installed - hop city.

wildwhl
09-02-05, 10:35 PM
Well, I gotta say, they must have let the weakest lugnut in the pool do the bushing TSB on my V. I finally got it back after 3 days (there were other issues - new clutch comes next week, thanks to the .faq) and as soon as I left the dealership I could hear some serious banging going on. I was running late and nearly out of gas ($3.39 today!) so I didn't take it back to the dealer like I should have.

When I finally made it to my shop - I jacked the rear up to check the torque on the cradle bolts. What did I see? They left the BMR bushing rings IN PLACE and installed the TSB parts along with them :banghead:

All of this after I had explained the parts were there, pointed them out to the mechanice that was supposed to do the work and made it very clear that the aluminum spacers had to come out first :bomb:

Now, this dealer has received repeated notices from me about torque specs - because everytime they've had to take those cradle bolts out (and there's been a few) the torque has been very low.

So I checked them. 45 ft lbs front and 80 ft lbs rear. That's right - 100 ft lbs light by many standards. I felt like giving up :crying: but proceeded to tear it apart and do it right.

When I was finished I decided to drop the hammer and see how the hop was. I want my BMR parts back :crying2:

DrivingAmericanNow
09-02-05, 11:00 PM
Sorry to hear about your situation, but thanks for posting this experience. I've got the BMR kit on now and while it doesn't fix the hop, it does make the problem livable. I know now NOT to get the TSB fix. Thanks for saving me the time and aggravation. Good luck.

ace996
09-02-05, 11:05 PM
WW,
From what I've seen, the dealer showed me a set of the white GM pieces, the TSB pieces are a little slimmer than the Specter ones. Now I don't mean for you to go buy the Specters, but perhaps you can somehow add material to the "insert" piece to snug things up..ie. polyurethane coating on the intrusive tabs??
-Also, I hope you take some solice in knowing that my dealership is also a bunch of clowns. I just had a new diff replaced last week and they left a little too much loose when they returned it. More banging and clunking than when a broken halfshaft was there. It took them two days to disassemble and reassemble the whole rear-end and suspension to finally make sure everything was tight. And I got the strange feeling like they were trying to find an issue that I had caused....
Damn them...

wildwhl
09-02-05, 11:26 PM
Thanks Ace. I'm going to loosen and retorque just as I had to do with the BMR kit before ditching them. They're quieter - for sure - but quite frankly - the hop was as bad as I EVER remember it being. I might try the BMR bar with the GM bushings :confused:

CTSV05
09-02-05, 11:27 PM
Good God Guys!!!

This Motherf*****g S**t is getting ridiculus!!!!!!

I can't believe that something as simple as putting bushings in, something my wife could do, and replacing a diff, undo the rear control arms pull axles, remove, replace, can't be accomplished competently by "factory trained" personnel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Cadillac wonders why they are not considered "World Class"????

This experience was once so full of joy and pride.....but now.....I just don't even know what to say.

rgd
09-03-05, 07:22 AM
D,
I have been reading about the troubles you are having w/your car since the (3rd)?? diff went:eek:! As you know I think your kit rocks, for lack of a better term. To think Cadillac can honestly look you in the eyes and say your kit, the one that supports the diff, virtually eliminates the hop, couldshouldwouldvoidthefrickenwarrantyisjustwellpl ainassinign! Did I spell that write? Lol

For those who have not considered the Kars kit, it is fantastic. I am not so much into launching but I can say, if I was, my car would launch smooth w/little to ZERO hops. Also, what I can say is that my car with the Kars cradle handles much tighter that it did stock. If you look up the comparison of our stock cars to the factory cars Andy Pilgram; etc race you will see that their cradle is attached solid to the frame/chassis. Same thing Kars cradle does for the car.

D, when I first met you, you were like a little kid in a candy store when it came to talking about your car.:bouncy: I hate hearing your story today. :tisk: I don't know the current situation of your auto, but I will pledge a few bucks if it isnít fixed yet and it will help. I think anybody willing to put it out there and try to come up with Mods to help our cars drive better, especially the small shop guys like you, (small shop not small guy), deserve my support if needed. :thumbsup:

Cadi needs to fix your car; they owe you for the thousands of people you have (Had) told what a great car the v is.

Good God is right!

My two cents for free!

Good Luck

sorry about the thread hijack

Good God Guys!!!

This Motherf*****g S**t is getting ridiculus!!!!!!

I can't believe that something as simple as putting bushings in, something my wife could do, and replacing a diff, undo the rear control arms pull axles, remove, replace, can't be accomplished competently by "factory trained" personnel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Cadillac wonders why they are not considered "World Class"????

This experience was once so full of joy and pride.....but now.....I just don't even know what to say.

CTSV05
09-03-05, 09:16 AM
D,
I have been reading about the troubles you are having w/your car since the (3rd)?? diff went:eek:! As you know I think your kit rocks, for lack of a better term. To think Cadillac can honestly look you in the eyes and say your kit, the one that supports the diff, virtually eliminates the hop, couldshouldwouldvoidthefrickenwarrantyisjustwellpl ainassinign! Did I spell that write? Lol

For those who have not considered the Kars kit, it is fantastic. I am not so much into launching but I can say, if I was, my car would launch smooth w/little to ZERO hops. Also, what I can say is that my car with the Kars cradle handles much tighter that it did stock. If you look up the comparison of our stock cars to the factory cars Andy Pilgram; etc race you will see that their cradle is attached solid to the frame/chassis. Same thing Kars cradle does for the car.

D, when I first met you, you were like a little kid in a candy store when it came to talking about your car.:bouncy: I hate hearing your story today. :tisk: I don't know the current situation of your auto, but I will pledge a few bucks if it isnít fixed yet and it will help. I think anybody willing to put it out there and try to come up with Mods to help our cars drive better, especially the small shop guys like you, (small shop not small guy), deserve my support if needed. :thumbsup:

Cadi needs to fix your car; they owe you for the thousands of people you have (Had) told what a great car the v is.

Good God is right!

My two cents for free!

Good Luck

sorry about the thread hijack

Robert,

Thanx!!! That means alot to me.

Just to clarify, this is my first diff., and that was another point I tried making, it began whining at 3100 mi., and lasted til 14,400, hmmmm, now I wonder why? If my kit broke it, why did it take 10,000 mi. to do it?

And BELIEVE ME, I would have loved for someone from Cadillac or GM to have the cahonies to look me in the eye!!!!!!

Oh, I still love the car.....its like when your mad at your woman, as soon as you get some you forget all about it.

As soon as I drive the V again. I'll be back in love, not with Cadillac mind you, the car.

I really appreciate the $ offer, that is way kool!!!! But, we will bite the bullet and learn our lesson, it pays to be sneaky, I guess, if I would have known that something my dealer, GM, and the service manager all knew about, and in some instances re-installed twice, would void my warranty, I would have just removed it!!!!!

I'mVERYHAPPYtohearyouandthekitareworkingwelltogeth erandthatyoufinallyit seemswereabletotestthehandlingabilitiyofthekit!

Again Thanx!