: General Motors - WAKE UP AND SMELL THE PROFIT$!

CVP33
09-02-05, 10:00 PM
GM -

You're missing the mark here. You've totally missed who's buying your car. Imagine the untapped potential here. Train tech's to install:

Headers
CAI's
Shifters
Exhaust
Magna Chargers
and more

Charge us a little extra and warranty the parts. Like Nismo, Mopar and others. We'll pay a little more to have the work done by certified mechanics and it's worth the piece of mind knowing I won't have to fight my ASM when my radio doesn't work.

Can't you see the untapped market here? Can't you see the potential? Some dealers like Moore, Kachina and Lund are ahead of the curve on this and are reaping the benefits. But a corporate position that supports enthusiasts would sure as hell make me feel better about supporting the General.

You can either fight us in court as we battle to maintain our warranty coverage or think like a capitalist, turn lemons into lemonade (probably a bad anology), and start offering upgrades, beefed up, severe duty warrantied parts and power adders.

Want to sell a progressive car? START THINKING PROGRESSIVELY.

CTSV05
09-02-05, 11:33 PM
Very Nicely Said.

But somehow, I fear it will fall on deaf ears....................

ace996
09-02-05, 11:51 PM
Not deaf ears, economically challenged. GM will not invest the needed funds for such an undertaking with the issues it now faces.

The imports have done a great job, but they started in their homeland. In Japan, they don't race in a circle. They also race with real cars, the same cars they sell, and the parts are applicable to the race cars and street cars. Our biggest race series is NASCAR, popular because it didn't need elaborate tracks and fans can sit right on top of the action. TRD, NISMO, and STi all started with company efforts and expanded to support their programs. They have done a great job growing their customer base. I'd love GM to step-up and offer some real factory-hopups. A shifter is a no-brainer since every magazine states that the shifter is either too mushy or too long. But the power issue they won't do, stock parts can't handle the stock power.

From your mouth to God's ears..

B Hoth
09-03-05, 12:35 AM
Hope you don't mind a response as well from a non-V owner. I have a 3.6, but am frustrated at the lack of available mods at a local level, and the disdain that you recieve from the dealership or techs when you mention anything about the mods and how they affect your warranty. I have had very good responce to any problems from the dealer, but when asked for performance mods, they offer nothing more then body pieces,tires and wheels. I fail to understand how GM misses the boat on this. I mean, look at the individuality offered by BMW, Audi, Mercedes. Most of these mods are available from the dealer.(Imagine that convienence) Some even perform the mods. They all even endorse the local car clubs for their brand and even offer discounts to the clubs. I've seen none of this for us.( I'm talking about GM not our wonderfull Supporting Vendors) I'm dumbfounded they don't see the potential profit, or goodwill or even more important, the potential to improve the product through us. There are many of us who would love to offer their pride and joy to even testing some of the potential modifications.

I hope others who read this post feel as I do about this. Cadillac is not a recent brand that was thrown in to compete for a little market share, quit trating it like it is, or it will continue to compete for that dollar that continues to get older and dying off!

heavymetals
09-03-05, 01:02 AM
Did you ever catch the "Night of Champions" on speedvision?
Indoor road course pitting drivers against each other , two at a time, in identical cars. Was done in Paris.

Funniest part was when they had to put barriers up to slow the Ferrari's down because they could "leap" over part of the track.

The power sliding was like a ballet.:thumbsup:

You got penalized for touching the wall.:eek:

I want a paddle shifter!!!!!

Dave's V
09-03-05, 01:13 AM
Night of Champions is a cool race. The Ferraris were amazing. The chicane at the top of the bridge was put up to prevent them from breaking their windshields.

Michael Schumacher, while he didn't win, proves he is one of the best drivers in the world.

ctsvett
09-03-05, 01:23 AM
Even though I dont like them, the rotors GM has available is a start (so is the CORSA)....

They offer some "performance accessories" for this car I would not have thought were imaginable on a cadillac...

That said, I dont like the carbon fiber kit (and its $$$$), I want slotted rotors, not drilled, and there is no supercharger option (yet??)

I agree CVP, and I think they are trying to get there...

Reed

heavymetals
09-03-05, 01:46 AM
The proof of a commitment to "high performance" cars is to stand behind them.:D

Dealers that can tap into the market for "enhancements" are way ahead of their competition, but they need support from the factory.:thumbsup:

The other ones just want to make a buck and that is ok in the scheme of things, I guess.

CTSV05
09-03-05, 09:25 AM
Hey, I want to make a buck too, but when someone like me comes to the table with a definite fix for a factory problem as well as a noticeable improvement in driving pleasure, the factory should not bitch slap me in the face.

But maybe they should look at what we are trying to do instead.

catbert
09-04-05, 07:00 PM
If GM was really "with it," it wouldn't be in the shape it's in. Seems that they are passionately stupid.

lasstss
09-04-05, 10:38 PM
Patience, In the shadows there are 2 outfits working on killer axles and a high HP diff. Something should show before the end of the year. It wont be cheap but probably will not break either. As far as the new 2006 rear. Wait 'till the blown sts's start blowing them apart.. That should have an interesting explanation. I hope it doesent happen but from what I heard about the diff upgrade, it may.

2004ctsv
09-04-05, 10:47 PM
We are pretty low on GM's list of concerns right now.

I'll bet SUV's are stacking up fast at the dealers.

I understand Ford is evaluating another major consolidation (read downsizing). The General is in line right behind them.

Tony

catbert
09-06-05, 11:35 AM
Patience, In the shadows there are 2 outfits working on killer axles and a high HP diff. Something should show before the end of the year. It wont be cheap but probably will not break either. As far as the new 2006 rear. Wait 'till the blown sts's start blowing them apart.. That should have an interesting explanation. I hope it doesent happen but from what I heard about the diff upgrade, it may.

GM will just stonewall the problem like they did with the LS2 crank bolt. If GM doesn't admit to a problem, it's not not a problem (in their little world).