: Cam and head package

M5eatr
09-02-05, 11:49 AM
I have decided to go with a head and cam mod for my V, especially after reading that FI will void waranty and that it may not be worth the trouble, in my case. I am looking for opinions from those that have done the mod and maybe get an idea of what combo will work well in my case. It is a daily driver, so I have specific concerns. I don't want a lopey or rough engine to gain 80 ponies, but would settle for 50 for an almost stock idle and run. Any thoughts appreciated TIA.

Geno
09-02-05, 12:05 PM
Just a thought....If you do anything to the motor and the motor or rear breaks, Cadillac may refuse your warranty. So I wouldn't eliminate a SC install just because you may think that is the only motor mod to kill your warranty.

You've read the posts in the last year or so....it has a lot to do with the dealer.

PS; I assume that your "FI" reference was meant to be "SC".

Drift-caddy
09-02-05, 12:08 PM
Sorry to tell you this but a H/C combo will do the same. If you want 50hp more, then just do a full bolton car. And alot less problems with warranty work. Once you open the engine or bolt on a s/c most dealers will not do the work under warranty. "You've read the posts in the last year or so....it has a lot to do with the dealer." this is also true. If you like give me a call or email me and we can talk about this more.

Thanks
Damian

DamianHarney@moorecadillac.com

703/448/6210

urbanski
09-02-05, 04:35 PM
H/C will wipe out the warranty, too, LOL
hard to hide the "AFR" on the heads

M5eatr
09-02-05, 05:08 PM
I was under the impression that since the Mallet car has H/C work done and is sold at Caddy dealerships, (Englewood) that maybe the same set up would be fine with the DSM. I am still interested in the H/C route though as it seems it would be a better fit for me.

I will shoot you an email Damian as i am not sure what you mean by a full bolt on car.

Florian
09-02-05, 05:16 PM
FI= forced induction = s/c

Drift-caddy
09-02-05, 06:06 PM
I was under the impression that since the Mallet car has H/C work done and is sold at Caddy dealerships, (Englewood) that maybe the same set up would be fine with the DSM. I am still interested in the H/C route though as it seems it would be a better fit for me.

I will shoot you an email Damian as i am not sure what you mean by a full bolt on car.

email sent. i am going to ohio for a race today. i will email you back more when i get back on tuesday.
thanks
damian '

Geno
09-03-05, 06:41 PM
FI= forced induction = s/c

Dahhhh...I knew that (of course you did Geno).:helpless:

was under the impression that since the Mallet car has H/C work done and is sold at Caddy dealerships, (Englewood) that maybe the same set up would be fine with the DSM.

The reason Mallett can get away with it is they have a special relationship with GM (testing and secret work). Furthermore, I'm fairly sure that Mallett is providing the warranty and not Cadillac.

lawfive
09-10-05, 11:51 AM
So... hypothetically speaking, of course... what about a 'stealth' head & cam package? Meaning, work the stock heads a little, and install a cam that's not too radical. Blitzer has a nice combo that feels real smooth. Seems to me that the only obvious giveaway would be the tune, which wouldn't necessarily be a problem for Maggie owners... "Hey, don't reflash, I've got a Manguson tune!"

Anybody ever get away with doing this? Hypothetically speaking, of course.