: Antenna Replacement For Xm Radio?

wicked v
09-02-05, 03:05 AM
The little black XM Radio Antenna on top of the car has always bugged me. Does anyone know if one of those color matched fin type antennas you see on other cars will work?

-1-
09-02-05, 06:11 AM
:yup: If you have a 2004, Cadillac uses a painted version on the trunk of the XLR. I'm sure it could be painted. The combination OnStar and XM antenna is the best. XM or an aftermarket companiy sells the small antenna painted, but they're expensive. Keep what you have.

wicked v
09-02-05, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the info, Yes I do have a 2004, and Ive seen a painted XM antenna on a corvette. I guess Ill go down to Home Depot and buy a can of silver Rustoleum

ctsvett
09-02-05, 12:31 PM
I remember reading that you should not paint this.... If you do try it, make sure there is NO metallic in the paint... Me personally, I wouldn't do it (unless you dont use XM)

Reed

wicked v
09-02-05, 01:47 PM
:hmm: The one that I saw on the convertible vette was just like ours but painted metallic silver. I wonder if they use a special paint. I also stopped by an audio store and the guy told me that if it was sirrus radio he would not paint it because it is a much weaker signal then XM. He thought the XM antenna could be painted but he also wondered about the metallic paint. Ill have to find out what kind of paint they are using on the XLR and Vette antennas. Thanks for the input.