: Is GM this screwed up or is my dealer lying to me?

azombie
09-01-05, 05:15 PM
So I had a bit of a minor accident and the caddy got a little mushed up front.

so the car has been at the dealer's body shop (GM dealer) for several weeks now. so it was supposed to be done this week and I go to call the shop and the guy tells me he is still waiting on a part.

what part? the RADIATOR. he says they have checked GM's database and there is not a single dealer in the country with one of these parts and that it is on national backorder.

now correct me if I am wrong but isn't the radiator in the CTS-V one of the parts that has a TSB and they are replacing automatically with a newer part if you bring it in with the radiator leak problem?

so this dealer is either lying to me or GM is so farked up that they don't carry an inventory of a part that has a recall on it...is it me or is something smelling fishy?

not to mention the guy hasn't done a SINGLE thing so far on my car, because as he says he can't do anything until he gets the radiator. well, seing as how it was completely obvious that the radiator was a part they were going to need, why would he just be looking TODAY for that part? seems to me like I am getting jerked around?

can anybody help me confirm if GM really doesn't have any radiators for CTS-V's nationally?

wow am I frustrated. why didn't they know this and tell me last week (after they had already had car for 2 weeks...)

ctsvett
09-01-05, 05:25 PM
call any other dealer's parts deparment and ask them on the phone if they have one.... Thats a quick way to check.

Or e-mail Dal slabough (info here: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/miscparts.html) and ask him.

Reed

V-seriesTech
09-01-05, 05:41 PM
So I had a bit of a minor accident and the caddy got a little mushed up front.

so the car has been at the dealer's body shop (GM dealer) for several weeks now. so it was supposed to be done this week and I go to call the shop and the guy tells me he is still waiting on a part.

what part? the RADIATOR. he says they have checked GM's database and there is not a single dealer in the country with one of these parts and that it is on national backorder.

now correct me if I am wrong but isn't the radiator in the CTS-V one of the parts that has a TSB and they are replacing automatically with a newer part if you bring it in with the radiator leak problem?

so this dealer is either lying to me or GM is so farked up that they don't carry an inventory of a part that has a recall on it...is it me or is something smelling fishy?

not to mention the guy hasn't done a SINGLE thing so far on my car, because as he says he can't do anything until he gets the radiator. well, seing as how it was completely obvious that the radiator was a part they were going to need, why would he just be looking TODAY for that part? seems to me like I am getting jerked around?

can anybody help me confirm if GM really doesn't have any radiators for CTS-V's nationally?

wow am I frustrated. why didn't they know this and tell me last week (after they had already had car for 2 weeks...)

If the part # is 89022478 we have 6 in jacksonville, which although isn't close to me, thats my local chain. So, we have SIX in florida, not to mention, any that a dealership may already have.

J

Dave's V
09-01-05, 07:51 PM
It sounds like you are being jerked around. How many miles did they put on it already? JK!

Cole Balster
09-01-05, 08:02 PM
2004/2005 CTS-V Radiator Part# 89022478 - 10 in the Los Angeles warehouse. No availability problems found. OVERNIGHT availability is not a problem either.

Only think I can think of is if they are trying to order the wrong part number for your car. The catalog for the CTS is a little different and can be confusing at times.

Good luck.

Cole @ BUNNIN Cadillac
Oxnard, CA

GNSCOTT
09-01-05, 08:17 PM
2004/2005 CTS-V Radiator Part# 89022478 - 10 in the Los Angeles warehouse. No availability problems found. OVERNIGHT availability is not a problem either.

Only think I can think of is if they are trying to order the wrong part number for your car. The catalog for the CTS is a little different and can be confusing at times.

Good luck.

Cole @ BUNNIN Cadillac
Oxnard, CA

I thought of that as well, but I dobt even more that there is a CTS radiator availablity problem.

GT04CTS-V
09-01-05, 10:32 PM
Not sure what your dealer is doing. After finally convincing my dealer that the radiator was leaking they had one overnighted and was installed the next day.

GT

CTSV05
09-02-05, 01:41 AM
Ahhhhh, the Cadillac dealer system.....is, well.....just ....awesome!

terminal Velocity
09-02-05, 02:00 AM
My '04 is at the dealer right now waiting for a radiator to be overnighted. If it was backordered, my dealer would've let me just take the car back home.

CTSV05
09-02-05, 12:27 PM
Now wait a minute!!!!......I just realized you were impliing that someone employed by a dealer and ultimately by GM, would lie......................Say it ain't so!

azombie
09-02-05, 02:33 PM
this would actually be the 4th lie i have caught the dealer with so far:

service manager told me that 'runflats were the only tire you can put on that car' <-- lie #1, i even called him on it and asked him 'you're positive about that', reply 'yes'

service manager schedules me to come in for the SDM recall. I call on phone, ok so we are all set to do this today in like 1 hr. "yes" <--lie #2 i get down there after waiting for 3 hours they tell me oh, we had the sdm for the regular CTS not the CTS-V you are going to have to come back some other time, "we will call you" <-- lie #3 like 2 weeks later I call back hey whats up 'oh yeah we have the part come on down when do you want to do it'

this crap with the radiator. now granted i have not called any other dealers yet to confirm this so 4 all i know you guys are all lying to me too, but for some reason i trust a bunch of strangers on the internet more than my own dealer.

'the radiator is on national backorder there is not a single GM dealer in the entire country that has one' <--unconfirmed lie #4

caddy customer service wtf? that is an oxymoron

azombie
09-02-05, 02:36 PM
can i call onstar on say friday night/saturday afternoon and ask for the location of my car?

terminal Velocity
09-02-05, 04:03 PM
I just got the call from the dealer. My radiator was shipped overnight and installed this morning. My V is now ready to go.

btlfed1500
09-02-05, 11:02 PM
If you have the exact part number try parts voice .. i find all my parts before i trust any dealership:

http://www.partsvoice.com/partsvoice/content.cgi?page=search_login.html