: Hi all, from a New Orleans V refugee

Z06CTSV
09-01-05, 12:08 AM
Hi All,

My family and I made it to safety. We are in Quitman, Ark @ a friends. Sad because I had to leave V behind in New Orleans. Don't know condition of home, garage, or V. Planning to check as soon as we're let back in the city. Hope the other V's in town made it out OK..

Joe
from whatever's left of New Orleans

Florian
09-01-05, 12:10 AM
Joe,

Did you get my pm?

Let me know if I can help.

F

Dave's V
09-01-05, 12:12 AM
My prayers are with you and the other residents of New Orleans and other areas destroyed by the hurricane. The only business that will profit is the oil companies. At least the ones that don't have any assets in the Gulf area.

3rdstreet
09-01-05, 12:12 AM
Hey Joe,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune...let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do to help! I sure hope your house is OK. I'll be praying for you.

-Michael

slow35th
09-01-05, 12:15 AM
Glad you're safe. I am still waiting to hear from some friends in Slidell. I hope they are okay too.

heavymetals
09-01-05, 12:32 AM
As long as you and the family are safe:thumbsup:

That's all that matters.

Hope for you that everything else is ok.

azombie
09-01-05, 12:37 AM
good luck i pray for your V

RocketV
09-01-05, 12:38 AM
As long as you and the family are safe:thumbsup:

That's all that matters.

Hear Hear. The V is a machine and is replaceable. That aside, I hope it and your other assets are safe and dry.

Rich

04CTSVFLA
09-01-05, 01:15 AM
Hey Joe glad to hear you avoided the wrath of the BITCH Katrina. I am sorry to hear you lost many possessions as well. I was wondering if you have any knowledge of when New Orleans will be "reopened" - ie people allowed back in and somewhat normal business to resume? Also hows the water level - started to drain yet? or is it still rising. Thanks And God Bless

ctsvett
09-01-05, 01:21 AM
Glad to hear you and your family are ok...

We wish you the best and let us know if there is anything we can to do help.

Reed

V-seriesTech
09-01-05, 08:54 AM
Hi All,

My family and I made it to safety. We are in Quitman, Ark @ a friends. Sad because I had to leave V behind in New Orleans. Don't know condition of home, garage, or V. Planning to check as soon as we're let back in the city. Hope the other V's in town made it out OK..

Joe
from whatever's left of New Orleans

Thank god man. What a crazy crazy thing to happen man. WOW. I watch this ever morning when I'm trying to get up,...and I watch it when I get home, and i'm not a news kind of guy. My heart goes out to you and everyone there. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Again, glad to see you made it safely, family and all.

Best wishes to you and yours.

Jamie

SBONES
09-01-05, 09:40 AM
dude forget about that v, you got bigger problems...like a home...i hope everything is ok...ill help...if i can...send $$$...they said about 4 months till ya's get electric...its horrible...bodys flooting in the water...good luck to you and your family...

Joey'sVee
09-01-05, 09:42 AM
Good luck. Your in our prayers!

Jurisimprudence
09-01-05, 09:57 AM
I'm sorry about your loss and hope everything turns out OK. I'm also glad that you and your family are safe and had the foresight to evacuate. With the exception of the elderly, the children and those who were unable to travel due to health concerns or some other peculiar circumstances, I can't believe the stupidity of the countless thousands that stayed in New Orleans. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that those that stayed deserve the hell they are experiencing, but I have to question the intelligence or motive of these people - especially, when you see some 20 year old guy that is looting an electronics store when he's up to his butt in water. I hope your home and your belongings are safe, and if a looter tries to break into your place, I hope he gets eaten by a gator or shot by the National Guard before he gets in . . .

V-seriesTech
09-01-05, 10:21 AM
I'm sorry about your loss and hope everything turns out OK. I'm also glad that you and your family are safe and had the foresight to evacuate. With the exception of the elderly, the children and those who were unable to travel due to health concerns or some other peculiar circumstances, I can't believe the stupidity of the countless thousands that stayed in New Orleans. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that those that stayed deserve the hell they are experiencing, but I have to question the intelligence or motive of these people - especially, when you see some 20 year old guy that is looting an electronics store when he's up to his butt in water. I hope your home and your belongings are safe, and if a looter tries to break into your place, I hope he gets eaten by a gator or shot by the National Guard before he gets in . . .

werd

CTS-VETTE 550HP
09-01-05, 11:33 AM
if it were me i would be on the top of my roof of my V while floating and guns in hand waiting for a looter... no mercy for thieves in a time of crises

D148L0
09-01-05, 12:16 PM
Best of luck Z06, I'm glad you and your family are OK.

DILLIGAF
09-01-05, 02:20 PM
Glad your ok,just to be safe,move to KS.Nothing happens here.

lawfive
09-01-05, 03:56 PM
Glad your ok,just to be safe,move to KS.Nothing happens here.

Really? That's not what Dorothy and Toto would say...

Z06CTSV: Very good to hear that you and yours are well. Even though it may not seem this way now, you are truly one of the lucky ones: you have your family safe and with you, and... you aren't all sitting in N.O.

Take care.

Mutlu
09-01-05, 04:33 PM
I am also glad you're ok. Terrible thing that happened there. Even worse is that people trying to help are getting shot and businesses getting looted. I can see it if you need food or water but looting electronics stores and other places is just ridiculious. So sad how people behave. Kind of like when the riots happened here in Los Angeles, when everybody thought it was all the African-Americans looting because they were outraged when all along it was a bunch of scum bags that were taking advantage of the situation.

Hope everything works out for you and I am sure our little V community will do what it takes to help out a fellow V owner and enthusiast.

addison_ii
09-01-05, 09:12 PM
Z06CTSV, Glad to hear you and your family are ok. I'll be keeping you all in my prayers. clusco also lives down in the NO area and I just found out that he is ok and safe as well. Hope everything is ok with your belongings. Stay in good spirits as much as possible.

BliTzer
09-01-05, 10:52 PM
My prayers are with all that was in the path of the storm.. It was aweful..
We just went trhu IVAN not that long ago, then Dennis came few months back, sucked. I know what it like being from Florida, it is not describeable in words.. Thats why i left florida & moved to AZ. I had enuff of that crap. Watching your dreams & things you can not rplace blow down the street..

Yes I have my life & wifes... but i lost every single picture of my father, mother, all my baby pics are gone... My dad served in wwii, he was on the USS Guadalcanal when they capurted that German U-boat the U-505 that sits in Chicago now.. All the books he got and medals thru the solomon island campaigns, many many more....
I lost his entire naval records & record book too with actaul wwii history in it... That would have gone to my first born son, which is now otw in 2 months maybe less...
So it sux to have nothing to pass on to your love ones, nothing but stories..
So yes my prayers are with you & i hope all turns out ok... New ORleans & Mississippi will pull togteher when the clean starts & all health is restored to normal... pateints is the key but tough..

later blitzer