: LS7 in CTS-V!

Rich64SS
08-31-05, 08:27 PM
The Oct. '05 edition of Hot Rod mag has a blurb about the LS7 being beta tested last season in the World Challenge cars. They used production 4.6L truck cranks to get to the 5.7L limit. No wonder they smoked everyone at Sebring. GM would only say that the engine produced 'well over 500hp.':bonkers:

Florian
08-31-05, 11:07 PM
man that rambled...so what does that have to do with the CTSV and the LS7?

F

CTSV05
08-31-05, 11:13 PM
I think he was hoping if it was in the race car the street car may get it.

Yeah, then Cadillac can void all of our warranties for actually DRIVING the car off the lot.

Do I sound bitter.......naw.

Slapdash
08-31-05, 11:27 PM
Threads like this only revive my interest in the 06 CTS-V "Plus". Will it actually make it to market in 05?

I want to join your ranks now, not later. :lildevil:

S

Florian
08-31-05, 11:42 PM
Save your dough, Slap....no LS7 planned for 06, just the lowly LS2.

F

heavymetals
09-01-05, 12:37 AM
My friend says that Autoweek is saying L7 in 08 with body style change.

Late BrakeU2
09-01-05, 01:47 AM
Wishful thinking on an LS7 for a V..if gas ends up at 3+ a gallon from here on out(a very likely scenario) GM will be marketing hydrogen pillboxes not performance luxury guzzlers,they are junk bond status already-

1971 all over again,I'm keeping my LS6 for a long time

Rich64SS
09-01-05, 09:48 AM
man that rambled...so what does that have to do with the CTSV and the LS7?

F

Joke,son. Rambled?:bigroll:

trukk
09-01-05, 02:43 PM
Interesting. If I recall the SCCA WC Rules correctly, participants are allowed to utilize parts that will be on the product car the next model year. Remember all the speculation when people saw GEN IV casting numbers on the block of engine pictures in the CTS-VR last year?

If someone can confirm they are using an LS7 block now, that may point the same way.

It sure doesn't seem to make any sense though that GM would only use the LS2 in the car for one year though. Make all those changes, and do all that testing, just to crank out a few thousand vehicles, to do it all again in a year.

-Chris

Rich64SS
09-01-05, 03:01 PM
Interesting. If I recall the SCCA WC Rules correctly, participants are allowed to utilize parts that will be on the product car the next model year. Remember all the speculation when people saw GEN IV casting numbers on the block of engine pictures in the CTS-VR last year?

If someone can confirm they are using an LS7 block now, that may point the same way.

It sure doesn't seem to make any sense though that GM would only use the LS2 in the car for one year though. Make all those changes, and do all that testing, just to crank out a few thousand vehicles, to do it all again in a year.

-Chris
No, according to the article they are back to using the LS2 6.0 for this year.

I didn't mean to stir up a shitstorm, I was just reporting what I read. I thought it would cause a fun little ruckus after seeing all the speculation that went on with what was going to be in the '06 production V.:hide: