: Throttlebody Gasket Problems...Help!

chip123
08-31-05, 08:05 PM
Any one see the throttlebody gasket blow in between the throat and the vac area for the crank case? The car has a magnuson on it...

Car has not been right from the get go. Finally we were replacing the throttle body and found the gasket to be blown. Put a new one on and after a ride around the block the car was doing the same thing it was before... Took the gasket off and it too was blown.

4000 miles on the car. Not impressed with this thing yet...

Anybody please help...

V-seriesTech
09-01-05, 09:00 AM
Any one see the throttlebody gasket blow in between the throat and the vac area for the crank case? The car has a magnuson on it...

Car has not been right from the get go. Finally we were replacing the throttle body and found the gasket to be blown. Put a new one on and after a ride around the block the car was doing the same thing it was before... Took the gasket off and it too was blown.

4000 miles on the car. Not impressed with this thing yet...

Anybody please help...

hmmm.... gotta say, never seen it happen. I know the gasket well,...

just a stupid question man,..don't take it the wrong way but, are you sure it's in the proper position? Cause I know that I have installed well over thirty magnachargers on cars and trucks, and still have to double check and make sure the gacket is on correctly. everytime.

lemme know. Hows your installer?...

chip123
09-01-05, 12:57 PM
Dealer installed the magna charger, so they installed first gasket. Checked was on the right way. Second gasket was installed by my mechanic and was installed correctly.

Note the holes on top of gasket are not needed at all. The kit is trying to use ready made gaskets or easy to find ones. We are going to make a gasket that is with out the top holes. More surface material. Also note with the design of the throttle body (only three small bolts) you cannot torque very tight.

My main question would be... Why would it blow there??? Only crank case ventilation.... Unless there is considerable pressure being created from crank case.... Agree???

chip123
09-01-05, 06:38 PM
V-seriesTech... Could you resond to my last post... Do I have an issue with the motor? Thanks

V-seriesTech
09-01-05, 07:11 PM
V-seriesTech... Could you resond to my last post... Do I have an issue with the motor? Thanks

I'm sorry man. Busy here. I'm trying to get a little more information for you. I'd like to ask our master tech engine guy,..he is DON JUAN when it comes to engines, as he used to crew chief several racing teams. I want to consult him first before I give an "opinion". I hope you can wait just a little longer,...I'll re-post tomorrow in the AM.

Have a great night man,....we'll try and figure it out. In the meantime,...if able, I would consider calling magnacharger. Anyways, i'll hollar tomorrow.

Jamie

V-seriesTech
09-02-05, 08:52 AM

Talked to the man. We just looked at several throttlebodies..and the magnacharger I just put on a V... He belives that 1. your having a Vaccum leak,..hence, the crappy performance. 2. That if your blowing the gaskets THAT quick,... the something isn't machined right. Be it the magnacharger, or your throttle body. Take off your thorttle body, and put a staright edge on the intake of the blower, where the TB bolts to, and see if it's SQUARE/straight/flat/etc....do the same on the throttle body. I think your magnacharger may not be 100%.

chip123
09-02-05, 02:54 PM
I have straight egded both the throttle body and the magnacharger... Both are straight... This is the second throttle body we have put on.

AZPowerAndSound
09-02-05, 03:02 PM
we're definitly looking forward to taking a glance at your car next week. I cant imagine anyone else in the SW that has done as many maggies than us, and I have never seen 'that' particular problem. But we'll getcha all fixed up, and the otehr fun stuff too.

You may go home with a GTO too after our test drive.

chip123
09-02-05, 06:25 PM
Thanks Todd can't wait...

We made a solid gasket for it... Seems to be holding up...