: I can't believe Houston dealers will not deal on 05 Vs!

madness
08-31-05, 03:42 PM
Im looking for an 05 V, called a number of dealers. Every dealer I talk with refuses to deal on less than "employee" pricing....

I sure wish chesrown was in Houston :crying2:

These guys are thinking Im going to pay 47+TTL for an 05... the 06 is friggin due into the dealers in Houston mid sep!

*frustrated*

urbanski
08-31-05, 04:02 PM
call/stop by Cavender here in San 'tone

CTS-VETTE 550HP
08-31-05, 04:03 PM
maybe Chesrown could make a deal over the phone and deliver it to you. you'll never no unless you make the call. good luck

Ryan's '05-V
08-31-05, 04:04 PM
You could buy Chesrown's and pay maybe $500 to have it shipped to you and still save thousands.

madness
08-31-05, 04:13 PM
yea I wouldnt mind buying the one at Chesrown, however... Im trying to find a local location so I can trade in a vehicle at the same time. I dont think Ill ever get passed making a deal for the car in order to EVEN start trying to deal on my trade :rant2:

Jurisimprudence
08-31-05, 04:34 PM
I went through the same thing. In fact, there was a brand new '04 in Brenham just about a month ago. When I called to ask what kind of deal I could get, they told me I could "still get the employee pricing" and that it would "only be $47K." I laughed at them. Told them they were idiots, and made some snide comment about having a bridge that I'd sell them real cheap if they were interested. It's painful to see dealers that are so out of touch . . .

madness
08-31-05, 04:37 PM
I went through the same thing. In fact, there was a brand new '04 in Brenham just about a month ago. When I called to ask what kind of deal I could get, they told me I could "still get the employee pricing" and that it would "only be $47K." I laughed at them. Told them they were idiots, and made some snide comment about having a bridge that I'd sell them real cheap if they were interested. It's painful to see dealers that are so out of touch . . .

Did you happen to catch a V somewhere?

Jurisimprudence
08-31-05, 05:36 PM
Yes, I bought one from Chesrown in Ohio. I believe he just posted another one for sale. Technically, it was used (it had 14 miles on it). Apparently, it was a GM corporate car and sat at a car show or something like that. I got it for $39.9 and paid an additional $1K to get it "certified," which gave me a 6/100K warranty and 3.9% financing (which is about 2.75% points lower than what GMAC is doing on new cars right now). In short, I had to go to Ohio to find a dealer that was using its head. However, I have had the car serviced at Sewell, which is where my wife and I bought her Denali. So far, the service there has been very very good.

Slywun
08-31-05, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=Jurisimprudence]Yes, I bought one from Chesrown in Ohio. I believe he just posted another one for sale. Technically, it was used (it had 14 miles on it). Apparently, it was a GM corporate car and sat at a car show or something like that. I got it for $39.9 and paid an additional $1K to get it "certified," which gave me a 6/100K warranty and 3.9% financing (which is about 2.75% points lower than what GMAC is doing on new cars right now). In short, I had to go to Ohio to find a dealer that was using its head........QUOTE]

Mine was from Chesrown too, same terms, you really can't go wrong if there is a way you can swing it....
I was one jump start away from spending $8K more from a local dealer - when I went to test drive one of their 2 2005 V's. Neither would start and they wouldn't jump it, and instead asked me to come back during the week when the service department was open. Big mistake in my favor!!!!

FYI the 6/100K is bumper to bumper - which I still isn't sinking in......

CTS-VETTE 550HP
08-31-05, 09:44 PM
good to know i'll keep that in mind for my future purchases
we need more dealerships like this that take care of there customers.

andytap
08-31-05, 11:18 PM
Yes, I bought one from Chesrown in Ohio. I believe he just posted another one for sale. Technically, it was used (it had 14 miles on it). Apparently, it was a GM corporate car and sat at a car show or something like that. I got it for $39.9 and paid an additional $1K to get it "certified," which gave me a 6/100K warranty and 3.9% financing (which is about 2.75% points lower than what GMAC is doing on new cars right now).

I just bought a similar car (was at the car show and dealer bought it from GM after the show). I was told that a car had to have at least 4,500 miles on it before it could be certified. The regional Cadillac rep was at the dealership and called the factory to verify. I was told no on the "certified". :mad: Your car only had 14 miles on it and they certified it! I wonder what the true story is?:confused:

BliTzer
09-01-05, 12:35 AM
Madness, did you try that dealer in Baytown? I stop there otw home to AZ, my battery went out... It is a chev dealer, but i seen a V on the lot with a sticker on it.. Damn, i can not remember the name now.. but they where right on I-10 by the san jancino mall..

later blitzer

Jurisimprudence
09-01-05, 12:35 AM
Got me, but that's the way it went down. Maybe it was a fluke. Maybe it was a mistake. All I know is that I got 3.9% financing with GMAC and the 6/100K warranty. Since it's an inked deal, either way, they'd be a bit hard pressed to try and back out now. Call the guys at Chesrown, maybe they can help you out . . .

donut
09-01-05, 07:40 AM
Try Ron Carter in Alvin TX. They're nice and won't bullshit you as much as some of the other dealers. With gas going to $3 a gallon, its definitely a buyers market.

euclidjr
09-01-05, 09:33 AM
Madness, I've also been looking in Texas for an '05 V and have had some luck with getting dealers to come down 500-1,000 off of the "Employee Pricing" numbers, but not beyond that - certainly nothing in the Chesrown range (although it sounds like those were program cars and not "new").

It seems that the Employee Pricing is keeping dealers from dealing down off of the low end - because the pricing is costing delaers the high end sales. We don't have guys paying 49 after a 3k rebate so that the dealer can deal down to 44.

Reports say that GM's incentive costs remain roughly the same between this and other programs - so without Employee Pricing going on, I would expect to have been several thousand below invoice - perhaps more given that we are at the end of the model year and talking about high dollar cars. The situation for an 05 V might improve once the 06's are here and Employee Pricing ends.

04CTSVforMe
09-01-05, 01:10 PM
Don't know if he has any '05's, but email Randy Arthur at Weisner in Huntsville, TX. He gave me an awesome deal on my '04!!!!! Tell him Doug from Allen sent ya'!

c4racer
09-01-05, 01:24 PM
FWIW - I just paid employee price minus $500 in No. Ca. bay area - they would not deal below that. I had another $600 on my GM card, so it came out to $46K. Very little inventory left, and I that has been their flagship, so at least here in CA - no special deals to be had either.

Scott

drmustang
09-01-05, 01:48 PM
You may soon see some incredible deals in the near future. Cars with an appetite for premium fuel are going to get much harder to sell.

Dave's V
09-01-05, 06:58 PM
When the 06 comes out you will have real good deals on the remaining 05s. Which isnt' far away.

GNSCOTT
09-01-05, 07:20 PM
Can someone please explain how they can sell for below wholesale on a new V? Are these employee cars that this dealership gets from GM at a much lower cost? How could you expect a dealership to go below GM employee?

msheri01
09-02-05, 01:35 AM
The car show cars and corporate program cars are discounted to the dealer, since they are not technically new. Also, we have certified cars with far less than 4k miles on them. The discounts are not huge, but these cars are generally eligible for the current incentives. With the GM pricing on the05's, that is it on the V's, so the new on the lot ones are not going to have additional incentives on them. We have been out of 05 V's for some time. If you are looking for one at a good price brand new, you might want to call the sales manager at Pierson in Middletown, Ohio. They still had a couple a few weeks ago. I do not remember the number, but tell them Mary from Village told you to call. I believe one of them was redline, and one was platinum. Hope it helps.

BliTzer
09-02-05, 03:48 AM
Ron Craft In baytown, thats the name.. it just came to me all od a sudden. They are a chevy dealer, with a high performance shop. I seen a Black CTS-V on the Lot though, a 2005. It was nice.. I do not know the details, since i was traveling thru and had to stop for a battery change out. Mine had died in Lousinana. I made it to Baytown Texas..The dealer is just off I-10 just past the San Jacinto mall on the left, about 2 miles down pass the mall on the left.. However, i did look at a couple of new corvettes & they were priced quite well. One of the dealers even told me that he would cut me a nice cash deal.. So that shows they were will ing to negotiate.
RON CRAFT, in BAYTOWN TExas... i would call em up, see if they still have that 05 V.
Hope this helps you.

later blitzer