: Need advice - What do I do

04CTSVFLA
08-31-05, 01:23 PM
Hey V'rs , as some of you may know, I recently purchased a 04 V black on black with 15xxx miles from Sewell Chevrolet and Cadillac in New Orleans. The transaction of the check and signed papers took place mid last week before I knew anything about Katrina. They never got an opportunity to cash my 37000 check. I stopped payment. What do you guys think I should do? Wait to see if my V was untouched by Katrina - it was on the 2nd or 3rd floor of an all brick 4 story building. Or should I say its going to be ****ed and start looking for a new car - and maybe not be able to find another V. Al I have to say is this sucks. I was getting really enthusiastic about owning a V, and now this happens. FUUUUUUUUUUUUCk. What should I look into getting if I cant find another V with under 20000 miles in perfect condition for that price.?

Mutlu
08-31-05, 01:42 PM
I saw a 05 advertised for $39,999 the other day on this site. So finding one at the price you want shouldn't be an issue. As for waiting on the car.....that's a little more difficult. Can you not reach anybody there?

04CTSVFLA
08-31-05, 01:57 PM
not a soul. I did however speak to Sewell Corps customer service for all there dealerships - they said they are having trouble finding there sales people. He also said it could be as long as 3-4 months before people are allowed back into New Orleans. -Thats incredible~~~~

heavymetals
08-31-05, 02:12 PM
my advice?

If they didn't cash the check, and you are alive, then YOU MADE OUT!:thumbsup:

You can always get a car.

You may want to rethink it and get a boat.

DILLIGAF
08-31-05, 02:22 PM
Punt,start over.Thats a sad deal down there.Might be a family of 4 living in it right now.There won't be anything left in that town soon.

Slywun
08-31-05, 02:23 PM
Unfortunately, if you signed with an intent to buy, you may be stuck until you can reach them and figure out what your options are (i.e. will they allow you to back out?)

Luna.
08-31-05, 02:24 PM
I like to subscribe to the idea of only worrying about things that you can control. Some might argue that stressing that the car *may* be destroyed is wasted energy. As such, just hold tight, see what actually happened, and react accordingly.

urbanski
08-31-05, 02:28 PM
start over
their paperwork and their entire business are gone.

edit: call Chesrown

04CTSVFLA
08-31-05, 04:01 PM
This SUCKS

haveboost
08-31-05, 07:08 PM
You'll find another maybe 3-5k more. What really sucks is what's happening to those people. As I'm sitting here on my living room with my notebook computer watching the news. Those people have some serious problems. It looks like a tsunami hit that city.

My suggestion be happy you don't live there, find another car and be HAPPY!!!

You can always find your deal. Give or take a few $$$

08-31-05, 09:29 PM
I would doubt that you any legal obligation at this point. The hurricane/flooding made their timely performance under the contract impossible; as evidenced by your inability to contact them. If they can't perform then you are free to do what you want. You want to wait for months to see what happens?

Besides, they got other things to worry about, though hopefully they are all OK.

Go car shopping, and be happy that you still have a place to park the car that you buy.

D

evil 8
09-01-05, 09:47 AM
Call this # and explain your situation:888-273-9355 Sewell seems to be a large network. They are repositioning their workforce.