: New Member, Hello! Bonjour!

jim knox
11-22-03, 02:34 AM
Hi! My name is Jim and I'm the 2nd owner of my 96 Fleetwood Brougham which I purchased in 1998, colour marblehead gray, moon roof option, LT1 engine, current mileage on car 70,000 mi. I've driven this car highway, city street and drag strip time trials and have been impressed with both low and top end performance. This car is a pleasure to drive in the catagories of comfort, handling and appearance. Recently I sold my other car a 1987 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, colour arctic white, continental tire kit rear bumper to a good friend who had wanted the car for a long time. The car exuded class.

Now about me. I live in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada - near Toronto
Retired Aircraft Mtce Engineer, Race another vehicle on drag strips USA & Canada, and enjoy restoring antique cars.
My Age? 57

It"s a honour to join this list of Cadillac Owners

Jim Knox

Ralph
11-22-03, 02:48 AM
Welcome dude, another Canuck, right on. :coffee:

the Sandman
11-22-03, 07:48 AM
Hey Jim - Welcome to the CadillacForums! Another RWD/LT1 Fleetwood owner joins FOSS. :D Have you done any modifications to the car? Any pictures?

Thanks for registering! :welcome:

jim knox
11-22-03, 06:24 PM
HI! Ralph and Sandman, great to hear from You.

Ralph, when I was in my early teens I lived in Yorkton Saskatchewan, I was driving ar 15 there and working the summers in my uncles radiator shop. Your 91 Fleetwood is exposed to quite a diverse climate! Bet it's nice on those prairie roads.

Sandman, no real mods yet that do much. I have a class 3 tow hitch on it which sorta stands out and looks ugly, so I put a Cadillac Emblem plug on it and to even out the appearance I welded Magnaflow oval extensions to the resonators comming straight back below the bumper. I use a K&N air filter, synthetic oils, and run Sunoco 94 all the time.

The time has come for me to carry out some modifications and join the CADILLAC RACING TRADITION.

HAVE A GOOD DAY EH!

Jim Knox :-)

Ralph
11-22-03, 09:39 PM
OMG, how did you know I grew up in Yorkton? I must have mentioned it somewhere I guess? What years were you there? And which radiator shop was this. Do you remember the Gulf service station right beside the Dairy Queen, on Broadway by the train tracks? My dad ran it and I grew up in it as well as the Dairy Queen. :D Since about 1985, Petro Canada boughtout all the Gulfs. Does your uncle still live there?

My stepdad bought the '91 Caddy new, and Never winter drove it. It is like new, I will have no choice but to take it out a few times, but never in the "wet" salt.

jim knox
11-23-03, 01:22 AM
Ralph! Your 91 Fleetwood sounds fantastic, just like brand new!
The last time I was in Yorkton was 1975 for a funeral. I worked for my Uncle Les Frenette in the summers of 1961,62&63. He owned City & Yorkton Rad & another one in Foam Lake. Unfortunately he died of heart attack age 52. My other Uncle who had at the time a 59 Fleetwood was named Eddy Sahr, He owned a marine engine shop.
It's a small world.

I'll get the digital camera out and send in some photos of my 96 Fleetwood.

Good Day Eh!

Ralph
11-23-03, 01:42 AM
Ralph! Your 91 Fleetwood sounds fantastic, just like brand new!
The last time I was in Yorkton was 1975 for a funeral. I worked for my Uncle Les Frenette in the summers of 1961,62&63. He owned City & Yorkton Rad & another one in Foam Lake. Unfortunately he died of heart attack age 52. My other Uncle who had at the time a 59 Fleetwood was named Eddy Sahr, He owned a marine engine shop.
It's a small world.

I'll get the digital camera out and send in some photos of my 96 Fleetwood.

Good Day Eh!

Cool! I still go back every couple of months to see my parents. I went to school with a Linda Frenette. She was in the Miss Yorkton beauty padgent in the 1980's. Don't know if you are related. I am quite certain my father would have known your uncle, since they were both in vehicle repair, and it still is a small town. (15,000 people still) Hell, I probably met your Uncle because I was always helping my dad at the garage. I will ask my mother if those names ring a bell.

I remember when people saw a Cadillac in that small town, people would talk for a while afterwards. Cadillacs were special because of the bad unpaved roads, etc. The bad roads always shook a car to pieces my Grandpa would say, so they only lasted 4 or 6 years sometimes. Most people had a Dodge or a Ford, but when my Grandpa (still with us) who worked for the Dept. of Highways bought a new Olds in the 1950's, all the neighbours came over to see it. It was as close to a Caddy you could come to.

Caddy_freak
11-23-03, 02:12 AM
Canuck ditto's :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

grew up in New Brunswick, and we also had the roads of death = ( pot holes from hell ) and there also Cadillacs used to turn heads.

I remember I seen a 62 Caddy one time going down main street and almost walked into a telephone pole, cause I was looking at it instead of were I has going.

we did not see old cars like that very often, rust usually eats them up bad. very few survive.

Glad to have you :bouncy:

Ralph
11-23-03, 02:16 AM
:welcome:

Yeah, now they make cell phones so people can drive and crash into others, or telephone poles. :histeric:

jim knox
11-23-03, 07:36 PM
Ralph and Caddy_ freak

Ralph -Sad Day Today. Linda Frenette is my cousin, her mother remarried name Jean Hass passed away today in Yorkton.

Cadillac content. In the 60's Yorkton was surrounded by gravel roads, I used to drive Uncle Les's 61 Oldsmobile around town , Uncle Eddys 59 Fleetwood was prestigous at that time.

I took some digital photos today of my 96 Fleetwood which I will email to the moderator.

Caddy_freak New Brunswick EH! I was Flight Crew on Ice Patrol aircraft flying out of Moncton, Summerside, Gander , Goose Bay, Frobisher, Resolute Bay NWT, Thule Greenland. I'm hungry for Lobster now!

The most snow I,ve ever seen was in Moncton, Do you think the New Brunswick Girls are prettier than the Quebec Girls?

Jim Knox 96 Fleetwood, horsepower- If You Have Them Smokem!

Ralph
11-23-03, 08:26 PM
Very sorry to hear about Linda's mother. I asked Mom about the other names in your family, and she wasn't in Yorkton at that time. She says my dad would definately have known your Uncle, as he was a mechanic by 1955 and worked for Taylor on the corner of Broadway and 4th Ave. He was well known at the time.

PS, you guys can give it up, the best looking women in the world are all them Ukrainians in Saskatchewan :D :worship:

jim knox
11-23-03, 10:16 PM
Ralph! You are right :-). Do they still have the drive- in theater in Yorkton.
Good place to take a Cadillac :-)

Regards:

Jim. 96 Fleetwood

Ralph
11-23-03, 11:50 PM
Ralph! You are right :-). Do they still have the drive- in theater in Yorkton.
Good place to take a Cadillac :-)

Regards:

Jim. 96 Fleetwood

OMG! It has been a long time since you were back! About 1983 or so they stopped using the drive-in, and I don't think they tore it down until about 1992. Today on that site, there is a farm implement dealership, and right behind that is the new Wallmart. Across from where the drive-in was is the Parkland Mall that was built about 1979, and still going strong. Nearby is the Superstore, and many other large chain stores that are there now. They have just tore down the grain elevators near my fathers Gulf a few years ago, and they were there for almost 90 years. These are a thing of the past also.

Drive-ins are sure a thing of the past now, and there are only a couple that I know of in the province. One is 7kms south of Saskatoon, and the other is near where our farm was at Crystal Lake near Sturgis.

Broadway has several new banks, and they are the modern-style buildings because they have the bucks to build them, near 4th Ave. But the old WW1 era buildings still line the main drag. I don't know if you saw the movie "Sweet Home Alabama" but the Broadway still looks like that!

jim knox
11-26-03, 10:26 AM
OMG! It has been a long time since you were back! About 1983 or so they stopped using the drive-in, and I don't think they tore it down until about 1992. Today on that site, there is a farm implement dealership, and right behind that is the new Wallmart. Across from where the drive-in was is the Parkland Mall that was built about 1979, and still going strong. Nearby is the Superstore, and many other large chain stores that are there now. They have just tore down the grain elevators near my fathers Gulf a few years ago, and they were there for almost 90 years. These are a thing of the past also.

Drive-ins are sure a thing of the past now, and there are only a couple that I know of in the province. One is 7kms south of Saskatoon, and the other is near where our farm was at Crystal Lake near Sturgis.

Broadway has several new banks, and they are the modern-style buildings because they have the bucks to build them, near 4th Ave. But the old WW1 era buildings still line the main drag. I don't know if you saw the movie "Sweet Home Alabama" but the Broadway still looks like that!
Good Morning! Thank you Ralph for the update on Yorkton.
I have many fond memories of my time there. Taking the Fleetwood out now to do some Christmas shopping.

TTYL
And Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!

Jim Knox

elwesso
11-27-03, 02:46 PM
Welcome to the forums..... Thanks for signing up :wave:

88 deville
11-27-03, 03:06 PM
hey jim nice to meet you. we should chill sometime because we don't live too far from each other i live in scarborough ontario.

elwesso
11-27-03, 08:35 PM
We have some friends that live in Scarborough......

jim knox
11-27-03, 11:15 PM
hey jim nice to meet you. we should chill sometime because we don't live too far from each other i live in scarborough ontario.

Hi 88 Deville. I just got home from Scarbourough. I have friends in the automotive business there and also I enjoy some of the restaurants in that area. I'm in Scarborough and Markham several times a week.

TTYL
Jim Knox, 96 Flt Br, LT1 eng

jim knox
11-27-03, 11:21 PM
Welcome to the forums..... Thanks for signing up :wave:

Hi Wes! Great to meet You, Happy Thanksgiving and looking forward to talking with you on the forum discussions.

Jim Knox, 96 Flt,Br, LT1

elwesso
11-27-03, 11:42 PM
You too.... Please dont hesitate to post anything!

However, please use the search function before you post.... It saves everyone time!!!!!