: My V Service Update

CVP33
08-30-05, 11:11 PM
To bring everyone up to speed:

It all began on July 25th with my third rear differential. After reviewing the invoice I found the additive was not put in. After the dealer claimed I didn't have a limited slip rear I began my calls to corporate GM. 9 emails, 8 heated phone calls, 1,400 miles and 33 days later I finally have the additive in my new rear differential. Any bets on how long it lasts after a less than exemplary break-in period? Here's the bad part though. I'm now waiting for the following:

1) New 6 speed transmission - 1st gear syncro's are gone. Began with hard shifting into first and then grinding into first followed by unable to downshift.

2) Clutch to be inspected on trans removal. Hopefully I have the affected date production stamp and can get a new clutch.

3) New NAV/Radio - Buttons peeling but also couldn't get XM to activate

4) TSB Rear bushings - Service Mgr. warned that this may affect the ride of the vehicle. I said I sure hope so!

5) Parking brake adjustment. Apparently there is no way to adjustment. Had a good talk with the service manager. FINALLY someone who knows what they're talking about!

6) PCM recall/reflash - New dealer had no problem. Old dealer accused me of tampering with my PCM (nice guys, not)

7) Arm the alarm system

I will be without my V for at least a week.

Florian
08-30-05, 11:59 PM
CVP,

Im calling BS on the parking brake adjust (smack your service writer). I had mine adjusted, worked just fine. In the old days Id push the pb to the floor to get set, now it sets right in the first 3rd of travel.

F

CTSV05
08-31-05, 01:08 AM
Me Too!!

Chuck adjusted mine at the dealer works great.

I'm reserving any advertising at this time.