: First dealer visit...What do I have them do?

Brad330cic
08-30-05, 10:47 AM
I have a little over 3K on an '05 V. I want to make sure I don't miss anything at my dealer visit. Oil change, wheel hop bushings, tire rotation, retighten Corsa. Anything else I need them to do or check? I read something about activating the alarm? Any recall items I missed? Do I need the alignment checked? rear oil changed? additive?
I am going to Sewell in Grapevine, TX...will give report on them as well.
Thanks to the "pros" here for any feedback...I didn't want to rely on what the dealer stated!

GNSCOTT
08-30-05, 11:40 AM
They will tell you if there are any recalls. The less a dealer does to your car, the better.

urbanski
08-30-05, 11:54 AM
you can check your own alarm by opening the window, use the FOB to lock it, wait 30 secs, then reach in and unlock/open the door, should go off.
Sewell are snakes who have no regard for the customer...sure you want to go there? there has to be somebody else in Dallas, did you check the dealer page on the FAQ?
And other than the bushings why don't you do all the fluid swaps yourself? Any time you let a dealer touch your car, you are asking for trouble. Less is more.

Brad330cic
08-30-05, 12:21 PM
I know...I've heard of different stories on dealers. A few were happy with Sewell Grapevine service....sometimes sales is different than service. I know I'm kinda taking a chance, but I don't want to change fluids or any of that. I did all that stuff when younger and just don't find joy in it anymore. I need to find a good dealer or I'm going back to BMW. 50K on a new car and I have to change the oil or they scratch my wheels?!? There has to be a decent auto guy in the Cadillac chain.

Drift-caddy
08-30-05, 12:26 PM
I know...I've heard of different stories on dealers. A few were happy with Sewell Grapevine service....sometimes sales is different than service. I know I'm kinda taking a chance, but I don't want to change fluids or any of that. I did all that stuff when younger and just don't find joy in it anymore. I need to find a good dealer or I'm going back to BMW. 50K on a new car and I have to change the oil or they scratch my wheels?!? There has to be a decent auto guy in the Cadillac chain.

:D :D :D