: Billy Boat steps up....replies to my complaint letter

urbanski
08-30-05, 10:30 AM
I sent Billy a certified "complaint" letter regarding the gaskets and cats. I went so far as to say he "abandoned" us here and we had difficulty recommending his product to new V owners. I also billed him the $58 for HMs gaskets.

Billy FedExd me a letter, full page. My tone was a bit frustrated maybe angry, his was 1000% professional and calm. He said "no problem" refunding my $58 and the check was enclosed. Like he posted a few weeks ago he's still working on a sandwich style gasket from a supplier but sounds on top of the issue. He said he'll stand behind any cat failures; will check the forum more often; and will send me his new gaskets when they come it.

Overall, here's a massive THANK YOU to Billy. Sorry I was down on you, you made it all completely right by me again. Anybody out there on the fence or leaning toward another exhaust company...maybe have a second thought. Billy really kicks butt :worship:

Slywun
08-30-05, 10:34 AM
Very good to hear...

3rdstreet
08-30-05, 02:15 PM
well then I take back what I said about never buying a BB product. Great to hear that he was supportive and responsive. When I'm ready for my headers...I definitely will consider him now! :cheers: Thanks for the update

Geno
08-30-05, 04:59 PM
I guess I should of been more vocal when the slam fests were going on, but I didn't want to get in the waters when the sharks were feeding. What I have posted on several occasions is the Boat load of items (headers, x-piped cat backs) I have purchased have been top notch for me. I have yet to have the problems described by others. However, if I do get a blown cat or gasket, it's great to know that Billy is standing by his product.

I hope those that haven't considered B&B exhaust systems will give it another look. In the beginning no one stepped up to provide a custom exhaust except for Billy and I think he should still be congratulated for that fact.

I do want to thank Urby for sending the registered letter with his concerns and for Billy's positive reply.

evil 8
08-30-05, 05:10 PM
I agree with geno, regarding stirring the sh*t pot. I have used Billy's products on my V and previous Corvettes and have been 100% satisfied. I have used about all the exhaust manufacturers (corsa,borla,flowmaster,magnaflow) and have been the most satisfied with Billy's stuff.

heavymetals
08-30-05, 05:41 PM
Hey Billy!

I have about 20 sets of really bitchin gaskets I'll make you a great deal on.

Not kidding either.:thumbsup:

urbanski
08-30-05, 05:51 PM
one more thing....

I don't think anybody having issues should speak with Dennis anymore. I did, 2-3 times, never heard back. The one (and first) time I mailed Billy directly I got action.
Billy...if you're listening, maybe you shouldn't have Dennis field our calls anymore.

crowan
08-30-05, 05:52 PM
It's good to hear that B&B has responded as they have. Even if it took awhile to get the response, classey is still classey. :thumbsup:

I also want to thank Evil 8 for continuing to submit posts because I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THAT AVATAR!:devil:

CR

Florian
08-30-05, 06:16 PM
Roger that, Evil 8s avatar is scrump-dilley-ishious!

F

DeputyDog
08-30-05, 07:51 PM
I have emailed Billy twice with my concerns about the gaskets with stock exhaust and cats. Both times he has responded with in a day and addressed my concerns and put me on the list for new gaskets. His last email said he was picking the gaskets up 8/29 and sending them out today.

evil 8
08-30-05, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the props on the avatar. I usually post no useful information, but I like lookin at the avatar also.

HDMLNIUM
08-30-05, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the props on the avatar. I usually post no useful information, but I like lookin at the avatar also.

Yes, Yummy...:yup: :thumbsup:

I have been in contact via E-mail with Billy Boat and he is going to fix me up in good shape. I am glad to see this coming around for him as when the negative posts were coming out I thought it was a shame as B&B has some very nice products. Sometimes there are quality isues with anything, but when they let you know that everything will be great that does put a smile on your face.. Kind of like what evil 8's avatar does....:thumbsup:
Good job Billy, and evil too....

Bill

urbanski
08-31-05, 11:02 AM
Yes, Yummy...:yup: :thumbsup:

I have been in contact via E-mail with Billy Boat and he is going to fix me up in good shape. I am glad to see this coming around for him as when the negative posts were coming out I thought it was a shame as B&B has some very nice products. Sometimes there are quality isues with anything, but when they let you know that everything will be great that does put a smile on your face.. Kind of like what evil 8's avatar does....:thumbsup:
Good job Billy, and evil too....

Bill
how is he fixing you up?