: Forum Ad giving me a seizure

Sandyfoot-V
08-30-05, 07:55 AM
I understand vendor advertisements are necessary to sustain this forum, but is this type needed? The flashing you have won a plasma TV ad from OnlineRewardCenter. :bulging: I get heart palpitations and feel as if Im going to have a seizure when viewing that forum page. :bonkers: Since the Moderators have control over this obnoxious advertising cant we ask OnlineRewardCenter to tone it down to a tasteful ad like our mod vendors? :yup:

rand49er
08-30-05, 07:58 AM
:yeah: .

a64pilot
08-30-05, 08:08 AM
Amen

VCONVERT
08-30-05, 08:49 AM
I agree... Please make them change it or get rid of it!

malcolm
08-30-05, 09:01 AM
This was recently raised and you have at least two options. Drag your browser window to the left to hide that section off the screen or hit the stop button, on IE it's the red X. It is pretty annoying and I believe those kind of ads actually drive buisiness away.

slow35th
08-30-05, 09:19 AM
Firefox with Adblock will let you block any unwanted ads never to be seen again. I haven't seen them in months.

a64pilot
08-30-05, 10:08 AM
Firefox with Adblock will let you block any unwanted ads never to be seen again. I haven't seen them in months.
Thank you. I had forgotton about Mozilla. Problem solved now

ctsvett
08-30-05, 11:55 AM
Some of you who posted are supporting members, but the reason those ads are there are to help pay for this forum... Many people are NOT like you and choose not to pay.

You have the options that were suggested and I will forward you comments to the forum management.

Reed