: We're not alone..............

CVP33
08-29-05, 10:40 PM
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9965

The Chrysler boys are starting to experience the headaches of high performance vehicles and the mutual exclusivity of after market parts and warranty coverage.

keeksv
08-29-05, 11:29 PM
Yeah, and if you search their forum, you'll find that there have been a few internal engine problems cropping up in stock vehicles--search for "blown engine"--wonder if they'll be having discussions with DC in a year's time like we're having with GM regarding our driveline problems.....

wildwhl
08-29-05, 11:32 PM
:histeric: I thought you meant there were (GM) aliens (GM) watching this forum :D

Hi boys and girls :welcome:

CVP33
08-29-05, 11:41 PM
No WW on that account we are most assuredly alone. But the SRT-8 boys are now entering the reality of blown motors, failing brakes and voided warranties.
My V is now sitting at a "neutral" dealer for a complete inspection by the DSM. They've admitted that my rear was replaced improperly and I have a laundry list of other issues as follows:

1) Recall - Reflash PCM
2) 1st gear syncro's gone - replace tranny
3) TSB for wheel hop - install bushings
4) TSB for failing and sticking clutch pedal
5) Adjust Parking brake - slammed to the floorboard and still won't hold the car
6) Replace peeling NAV buttons
7) Satellite XM Radio - Unable to link (tried 5 times)
8) Activate alarm - '05's not activated from factory

wildwhl
08-29-05, 11:44 PM
I have to confess - with everything I've thrown at my V - I'm surprised it has held up (diff especially). The '06 diff OUGHT to be offered to current 04/05 V owners REGARDLESS of mods, especially if they've had a history of failing. At the very least, it should be offered at cost or something...but I digress...

You SURE we're alone (I don't believe it)?

lawfive
08-29-05, 11:55 PM
I have to confess - with everything I've thrown at my V - I'm surprised it has held up (diff especially). The '06 diff OUGHT to be offered to current 04/05 V owners REGARDLESS of mods, especially if they've had a history of failing.

Golly, I wish we'd said that.

Wait a minute, we DID say that...

wildwhl
08-30-05, 12:02 AM
lawfive -

I'm sure you guys did...I know it was in fact the best possible team assembled from this forum. I wasn't suggesting that you'd left anything hanging. By the way, I'm thinking 295 now :D

Dave's V
08-30-05, 12:31 AM
I have to confess - with everything I've thrown at my V - I'm surprised it has held up (diff especially). The '06 diff OUGHT to be offered to current 04/05 V owners REGARDLESS of mods, especially if they've had a history of failing. At the very least, it should be offered at cost or something...but I digress...

You SURE we're alone (I don't believe it)?

IMO, the 06 rear dif should be offered to all V owners free of charge. They are the ones that put this piece of crap in the car to start with. Contrary to what some people think, they still make a good profit on selling the V, even when they were selling them for around $48k. We should all get a new rear dif for free, along with the current NAV disk.

Dave's V
08-30-05, 12:37 AM
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9965

The Chrysler boys are starting to experience the headaches of high performance vehicles and the mutual exclusivity of after market parts and warranty coverage.

No surprise. GM isn't the only company trying to save a few bucks. I wouldn't guarantee my stock parts either if I can prove that a non-OEM part caused the failure.

But there has to be a line drawn somewhere. I would hope that a cat back system would not cause my engine to fail. A greedy DSM can say it caused the rear dif to fail though.

Since most of us are or will be running non run flats, I wouldn't be surprised if GM tried to deny a suspension claim. That is being extremely greedy but after listening to a few stories I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

CTSV05
08-30-05, 01:50 AM
Nor will I.

I guess I'm just naive, but a publicly released notice to all performance oriented car owners concerning the warranty SHOULD be mandatory!!!

Yeah, if the '06 diff is an improvement, then why can't the current failures just be replaced with those?

Warranty or not.

heavymetals
08-30-05, 04:03 AM
I have to confess - with everything I've thrown at my V - I'm surprised it has held up (diff especially). The '06 diff OUGHT to be offered to current 04/05 V owners REGARDLESS of mods, especially if they've had a history of failing. At the very least, it should be offered at cost or something...but I digres

I agree.

Be a "responsible vendor". Admit it is crap, fix it and move on.

The biggest problem with this type of attitude is that the beancounters can't put a price on it.
It does affect the bottom line guys!

Business lesson: Don't piss off your customer.

ctsvett
08-30-05, 01:00 PM
Yeah, if the '06 diff is an improvement, then why can't the current failures just be replaced with those?

Warranty or not.

The Diff is not available yet.. It hasnt passed every qualification required (with GM it takes a while)... Now imagine if GM released a part that was not fully tested and it had a problem.... what would you guys say then?

Reed

heavymetals
08-30-05, 01:02 PM
The Diff is not available yet.. It hasnt passed every qualification required (with GM it takes a while)... Now imagine if GM released a part that was not fully tested and it had a problem.... what would you guys say then?

Reed

Are you saying that the part supplied now was fully tested?:thepan:

I would imagine people would be saying the same things they are saying now!:shhh: