: Update And A Poll

CTSV05
08-29-05, 05:59 PM
Well, I'm happy to announce that the Chesrown Family has stepped up and offered to sell me the new rear diff for half price!!!

As most know, I'm an honest person and will tell the facts in anything I'm involved in and this is worth a new thread.

But here is my dilemma, I feel I can correct the issue with the mating of an older Corvette center section, I think I'm leaning into the second gen for the part. The C4 unit has the much more complicated mounting system.

So, here is where I need some help.

Florian
08-29-05, 06:03 PM
hmmmm.....Id say let em fix it (at least youll have a new rear) and when its time to do the cross section, donate (or sell) the pumpkin to a reputable aftermarket co so they can help us with fixes. OR, design another KICK ASS fix to GMs problem, and Ill buy one.

F

crowan
08-29-05, 06:17 PM
hmmmm.....Id say let em fix it (at least youll have a new rear) and when its time to do the cross section, donate (or sell) the pumpkin to a reputable aftermarket co so they can help us with fixes. OR, design another KICK ASS fix to GMs problem, and Ill buy one.

F

:yeah:

V-seriesTech
08-29-05, 06:24 PM
option 3 solves pretty much everything.

heavymetals
08-29-05, 06:51 PM
Ok say you do what your thinking.

Then who and what are you going to complain about if it blows up again?

You are potentially making more trouble for yourself.

Talk about modifications!:bonkers:

slow35th
08-29-05, 06:56 PM
Don't spend all the money on the Ho... You gotta have some for Booze. :alchi:

Take the half price diff and then fight GM for the balance.

ace996
08-29-05, 07:09 PM
Doug,
Its a time bomb. Why put it off, do it right and then bang the ho'. With a stronger diff, who knows whats next to pop? Good luck.

HDMLNIUM
08-29-05, 07:55 PM
Doug,

If you have the resourses and it sure would seem it, I think I would do a stronger custom differential.
If you decide to do their deal, I would only do it if they don't void your warranty. Tell them you will take off your craddle, because besides that you really don't have any mods that they should even care about. It would be kind of like a slap on the wrist for doing the mod. If you take off the craddle kit, with a new factory Diff the thing should last forever in Cadillacs and V-rocks minds anyway... lol Then when the Diff takes a shit sooner than this one did with your wheelhop kit you can say "see, it wasn't my kit afterall."
That is my opinion on it anyway... Good luck with what ever you decide..

Bill

urbanski
08-29-05, 08:02 PM
no warranty eh?
the mod it...mod the crap out of it and make her strong

DILLIGAF
08-29-05, 08:09 PM
I would do the new diff Doug.I know any help is good help but-there not stepping up too much here.I'll never buy a car from them unless your completly satisfied with this offer.Bottom line is this,they have a multi million dollar car lot and could easily take care of a guy who has praised their dealership like no other.I do believe some of what they say but who cares they shouldn't void your warranty or anybody elses for this mod.

CTSV05
08-29-05, 09:50 PM
Well, alot depends on if I get the balance of my warranty and its applied to the new rear, I'll even have their kit installed to squelch any noise from Cadillac.

IF the warranty is quaranteed in writing to not be voided.

Because as we know, it was only my kit that broke it, wait til you see the pics!!!!

CVP33
08-29-05, 10:03 PM
Ask for an '06 rear differential. It's a long shot, but worth it.

calicadi
08-30-05, 01:32 AM
I would never voluntarily assign a warranty. Warranties expire soon enough and the cars are so complex. I would negotiate perhaps for a separate warranty on the differential and half shafts, optioning without or with retention of aftermarket pieces. My two cents... Good luck!

ctsvett
08-30-05, 02:12 AM
Ask for an '06 rear differential. It's a long shot, but worth it.

CVP has it right 100%.... If you are going to pay, get the 06 diff.. might have to wait though...

Reed