: Any 1959 Ambulance/Hearse lovers out there?

back
11-21-03, 04:37 PM
Thought Id check in and see if any of ya admire the 59 line of Hearses & Ambulances that Cadillac put out. BTW, can anyone here name one the rarest Cadillac ambulance ever put into production?
im gone.

shaggygrosser
11-21-03, 04:44 PM
I can dig ecto1. Movie cars are cool.

brougham
11-21-03, 05:57 PM
I'd buy one if I ever got the chance, those are one of my favourite cars. I have the toy Ecto1 :)

In the DVD version of Ghostbusters they mentioned that they had to be carefull with Ecto because they only had one and it would have been hard to find any parts for it.

scourge
11-21-03, 09:26 PM
Old Caddy hearses ROCK! I wanted to buy a 1969 hearse when I was 17 years old for $2000 but my mom refused. Lanzar had used hearses/ambulances for awhile and I wanted a rolling sound studio. I still want a hearse and I think they make better car audio demo vehicles than mini vans. People don't forget seeing the hearse.

Ralph
11-22-03, 03:01 AM
Welcome aboard! Today in the Saskatoon StarPhoenix there is a 1988 Cadillac hearse for 3200 OBO. Everytime my Fiance sees one she is freaked out! :histeric: She just said to me "how can anybody want one when dead people have been in it?!" LOL!

back
11-22-03, 09:45 AM
Well nothing beats the classics, sure i love Ghostbusters - but Nothing and i mean Nothing beats the classics of 59. 3 tons, 21ft long, a tank on wheels. those old ambulances and hearses attract more attention than the presidental limosine. lol or close to.
im gone.

DaveSmed
11-22-03, 10:07 PM
I have to hand it to people who kep them running though, parts avalibility can be a royal pain. In some aspects, Professional cars were completely different from the public versions, like rear suspension. They had truck axles, leaf springs and differernt brake setups to name a few. Those parts were extremely low production pieces.

HollywoodHicks1
11-23-03, 02:11 AM
Hollywood feels like this...He doesn't like Hearses at all. He is quite frightened by them. I mean, dead people were in them!!! Hollywood has some kind of a necrophobia. If he were to drive one of those, he would feel a weird urge to play the old Funeral March song by Chopin and wear black. I got in one once, and it smelled like death. I didn't like that!!! :annoyed:

Stoneage_Caddy
11-23-03, 02:13 AM
theres a nice 1989 caprice classic herse up the street , price unkown ..may check on it , impala ss herse anyone ?

59 caddy anything is awesome

back
11-23-03, 01:04 PM
Well sure there May be a slight smell if it hadent been cleaned when purchased! LMAO ...as for parts any chevy truck pre 1979 will do just fine for the guts and underlay. the original stock suspension on those cars was quite heafty. you buy a brand new 25ft trailer for camping a (lets say 1959 ;) ) ambulance/hearse could take her up and down the hiways with ease. one thing those cars had was balls. some with the optional after market 454 under the hood some time in the 60's. you can reduce the weight of the car significantly if you remove the coffin/strecher hold assembly if you wanted to place a rear bench seat into it, or a waterbed. LOL screw the Escilade (spelling?) if you wanted More cargo space. LOL but dont get me wrong, the Escilade is one smooth ride! but once again by personal preference, nothing beats the classics.
im gone.

EDIT:
one sucky thing about the old ambulances, most were automatics with no collum shift. gotta have that 3spd tranny if ya want to really feel the car.