: It's starting to hurt....

naiculnila
08-29-05, 04:09 PM
I was fine at $3x, i was even fine at $45, but it's been getting worse and worse every week! And frankly it's starting to hurt!

Spending over $4000 a year on gas is getting crazy!:thepan:
That's a maggie right there........

http://www.pages.drexel.edu/%7Ealp29/misc/gas.jpg

Barak
08-29-05, 04:26 PM
My last fill up cost me $50.00 exactly at 2.95/gallon. It's getting ridiculous and it's supposed to only get worse according to some estimates, namely the guy that predicted that oil would be at $65/barrel is now predicting it at $100!!!:eek:

AmesCTS-V
08-29-05, 04:27 PM
Yeah it hurts. I just ran out and got some 92 for $2.59. A friend told me he saw a $0.30 jump earlier today supposedly because of the hurricane.

heavymetals
08-29-05, 04:46 PM
You think driving is bad!

Wait till winter and it cost $2k a month to heat your house.:eek:

Gas will be over $4 a gal by the end of the year:banghead:

Florian
08-29-05, 04:55 PM
Looks like Venezuela! Here I come..... .19/gal

F

Mutlu
08-29-05, 05:09 PM
I paid $55 to fill up the other day. I would be happy with anything under $50. Used to use cheap gas and the dealer had clean up afterwards. He told me not to use the cheap stuff, which is even worse on my wallet now.

Luna.
08-29-05, 05:21 PM
Looks like Venezuela! Here I come..... .19/gal

F

LOL--aye.

Can you imagine if the U.S. government subsidized gasoline similar to what they do in Venezuela? :bonkers:

V-seriesTech
08-29-05, 05:22 PM
just paid $47.00 which really hurts as well.

ahahnu
08-29-05, 05:31 PM
:crying2: That is all I have to say about that. I used to just go for joyrides at night and during my days off, but now I don't want to drive at all. House heat- lets not even talk about that I am depressed already. Thank god I have a fire place to help heat a little. There is nothing we can do, just have to bend over and take it.

ctsvett
08-29-05, 05:39 PM
It really hurts when you go to fill up a suburban... I filled up my suburban the other day for a road trip and the pump shut off at $60... that's their autoprogrammed shutoff.. I had to use another card (to avoid fraud cancellation of my card) to fill up the rest of the $20... AND THE FREKIN GAS TANK WAS NOT EMPTY!

Reed

blown65
08-29-05, 05:45 PM
LOL, I had to put 40 gallons in the ski boat at 2.80 a gallon, then fill up my truck of 24 gallons at 2.95 a gallon. That sure sucked. Even worse was at the lake, 3.80 a gallon. :(

3rdstreet
08-29-05, 06:01 PM
I paid $55 to fill up the other day. I would be happy with anything under $50. Used to use cheap gas and the dealer had clean up afterwards. He told me not to use the cheap stuff, which is even worse on my wallet now.

I think you're dealer gets a commision from the gas companies. :alchi:

CTSV05
08-29-05, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I too have had to become much less free with my enjoyment driving.

Right now we're driving a BB Suburban!!! 11 mpg

Well it could be the RV!! 8mpg

Can't drive the S-10 as the converter took a shit, but at 4mpg and $4 a gallon, well I should own stock in some oil somewhere.

odysseus
08-29-05, 06:10 PM
Wow naiculnila, 16.67 gallons in a 17.5 gallon tank (assuming that's from filling your V)! I'd be sweating bullets looking for a station if my tank were that empty!

addison_ii
08-29-05, 06:16 PM
:crying2: That is all I have to say about that. I used to just go for joyrides at night and during my days off, but now I don't want to drive at all. House heat- lets not even talk about that I am depressed already. Thank god I have a fire place to help heat a little. There is nothing we can do, just have to bend over and take it. I understand your pain. The family and I cruised around this weekend just to get from fresh air and see the town. We had to fill up and when I stopped pumping and looked at the pump and I almost cried. I remembered when gas was .98 and 1.15. Wish it could go back to those times. They seem so long gone now but it was only 4-5 years ago.

08-29-05, 06:28 PM
Blown65 I feel your pain (and everybody else's, too); I put 25 gallons in the suburban at $2.59, and the same weekend put 60 gallons in the boat at $2.97. Mysteriously, though, nobody seems to feel sorry for me (especially my British friends who are apparently paying about $6.50 per US gallon these days).

Doug

DeputyDog
08-29-05, 08:49 PM
hey guys

I payed $3.09/gal on sunday at my 76 station. cost me $47.50 for just over 15 gals. man that sucks!

blown65
08-29-05, 09:04 PM
Blown65 I feel your pain (and everybody else's, too); I put 25 gallons in the suburban at $2.59, and the same weekend put 60 gallons in the boat at $2.97. Mysteriously, though, nobody seems to feel sorry for me (especially my British friends who are apparently paying about $6.50 per US gallon these days).

Doug

No, Pain is spending 4 days at the lake on our houseboat. 50 gallons a day at 3.80 sux big time.

Now I just need 10 day work weeks. bleh.

wildwhl
08-29-05, 09:17 PM
You think your gas tank hurts...just wait until the "inflation that doesn't exist" kicks in :nono:

Oh well - guess I better pump up the boost and push harder on the loud pedal :D

Vrocks
08-29-05, 10:33 PM
I can't believe they ever let Exxon and Mobil merge a few years ago.... :helpless: The big oil companies need to be broken up and investigated or ....

They're full of #$%^, and we're getting shafted ( without the lube this time ).

azombie
08-29-05, 11:08 PM
i dont even look at the price anymore and when it asks me if i want a receipt i always hit no and think to myself "i don't even want to remember this transaction...wait...what transaction...man this car is awesome"

evil 8
08-30-05, 10:33 AM
Cmon fellas, the more you pay for gas, the less morons we have on the road. I run leaded high octane in my L78 camaro at a fair price of 5.25 a gallon. I really enjoy the great mileage of the classics.

Barak
08-30-05, 11:26 AM
Can you imagine if the U.S. government subsidized gasoline similar to what they do in Venezuela?

I didn't know it was subsidized. I thought they just had a lot of oil and not a lot of demand for it in their own country.

Speaking of subsidies, our government is doing just the opposite by forcing refiners to put worthless ethanol in the gas. It drives up the cost of gas, reduces our mileage and has shown no emission benefit on late-model vehicles. EPA admits to all this but whoever's in charge must be getting some kind of kickback from the corn growers in the midwest. As a result, we are forced to subsidize the corn growers fat wallets through our gas purchases.:banghead:

Geno
08-30-05, 05:22 PM
For the last 6 years the executive branch of the government has been trying to get the other party in Congress off their keesters to vote on an energy bill to free us from ferrin' oil dependence...The greenies are lovin' this....VOTE!!!!

heavymetals
08-30-05, 05:38 PM
Hey they just approved the construction of the first new refinery in the US in what 25 years?

These local/state governments with their different grades and blends have contributed more to this delima then people realize.

Luna.
08-30-05, 05:50 PM
These local/state governments with their different grades and blends have contributed more to this delima then people realize.

Absolutely, 100% right on the money (esp. in CA....)